Our School Vision
Knight Vision: To share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Our 2022-23 school theme "TEAM KNIGHT...ALL IN!" is directly aligned with our continued vision and instructional expectations for Knight: to share in the commitment of rigorous and high-quality instruction to meet the needs of every child.
Knight Mission: To provide a positive, stimulating, and secure environment that empowers the individual to grow socially, emotionally, and intellectually in order to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
Knight Belief: We believe all kids can learn…
…and we will establish high standards of learning that we expect all students to achieve. It is our job to create an environment in our classrooms that engages students in academic work that results in a high level of achievement. We are confident that with our support and help, students can master challenging curricula, and we expect them to do so. We are prepared to work collaboratively with colleagues, students, and parents to achieve this shared educational purpose (DuFour, 1997a).
Hello Knight Family!
Welcome Back Knight Family! I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing winter break. We are so excited to have all our students back with us so we can have an amazing second half of the year!
Report Cards are now attached to the Student Documents as a PDF and available in ParentVUE and StudentVUE. Report Cards will be mailed by Friday, January 20.
If there is anything I can do to support you, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at 770-921-2400 or Toni.Ferguson@gcpsk12.org.
Your Proud Principal,
Dr. Toni Ferguson
Knight Elementary School
Farewell and Good Luck!
Our part-time assistant principal, Ms. Holli Brown, will be transitioning to a full-time assistant principal at Camp Creek Elementary School in February 2023. We have all benefited from Ms. Brown's leadership as she supported our students, teachers, and families. Knight is a brighter place because of Ms. Brown and we will miss her!
Welcome to the Knight Family!
Farewell and Good Luck! We will miss you!
Say Hello to our new Parent Outreach Liaison
Welcome to OUR new KNIGHT Family members!
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day / No School
- PTA Spirit Night @ Skate Along USA 5 PM - 7 PM
Friday, January 20
- 100 Day of School
- House Color Day
Thursday, February 2
- College Awareness Day
Wednesday, February 1
- Math Around the World Night 5 PM - 7 PM
- Digital Learning Day
- 4th Grade Field Trip to the State Capitol
- School Council 7:30 AM
- Valentine's Day/PJ Day ~ School Fundraiser $1
- Mid-Winter Break
PTA Spirit Night - Thursday, January 19
Parkview Performing Arts Presents...
Lunar New Year Celebration - Friday, January 21
Math Around the World Night - Wednesday, February 1
Join us for Math Night 2023!
WHO: Families of kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th grade students
WHEN: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
WHERE: Knight Elementary School
WHY: Learn a math strategy from your child's teacher & play math games as a family.
Transportation - important reminders!
- Students will begin entering at 8:20 am.
- Drop off ends promptly at 8:50 am.
- Students arriving after 8:50 am will need to be checked in at the front desk by a parent/guardian.
- Morning announcements will begin at 8:50 am.
- Buses will unload at 8:20 am.
- Students will enter the building beginning at 8:20 am.
VISITORS TO THE SCHOOL
- Please contact the Parent Center from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887 if you are interested in volunteering.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
- Pick up ends promptly at 3:50 pm.
- Students not picked up after 3:50 pm will need to be checked out at the front desk by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
- Buses will load at staggered times based upon their arrival.
- Students will be released starting at 3:20 pm.
CHANGE OF TRANSPORTATION: If your child needs a temporary alternate transportation route for the afternoon, please call the front office prior to 10 AM.
PARENT LUNCH VISITATION
- Parents/families are welcome to enjoy lunch with their child(ren).
- After checking in the office with an ID and securing a visitor badge, parents/families will meet their child(ren) at the entrance to the cafeteria.
- Please allow your child to follow his/her normal routine in the cafeteria line. Feel free to bring a lunch with you or to purchase lunch at the salad/potato bar ($3.75).
- Parents/families will utilize the bistro tables in the hallway outside the cafeteria.
- When leaving the cafeteria parents should not escort students back to the classroom. Parents must sign out before leaving.
Last month, I shared that a vestibule is being constructed in our front lobby. The district is creating an interior vestibule in every school in Gwinnett as an additional security measure. Visitors to the school will be buzzed in with our video system and will then be allowed to enter the vestibule. Your ID will then be checked, and once you are cleared you will be able to enter the building. More information will be shared once construction starts.
GCPS schools have established reasonable and precautionary practices within the school to minimize the risk of infection and/or spread of COVID-19 and Monkeypox.
Guidance is subject to change based on updated recommendations from CDC/Department of Public Health and will be communicated to local school Health Response Team members.
- Provide opportunities for regular handwashing.
- Implement the custodial schedule/processes to clean high-touch areas during the school day.
- Clearly communicate and follow COVID-19/Monkeypox criteria for return to work/school in consultation with county nurses.
- As of August 18th, masks are strongly recommended, but optional for staff in all GCPS facilities. In addition, mask coverings are OPTIONAL for students and visitors.
Action Items for School Plan
- Ensure each common area and classroom will have hand sanitizer available for use.
- Continue to provide ample time for restroom and handwashing opportunities.
- A custodial schedule is being utilized to ensure cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the school day.
*Protocols for reporting COVID-19/Monkeypox contact exposure will be followed and reported immediately to administrators/district health officials. Please see additional information regarding Monkeypox procedures and CDC Guidelines from GCPS.
* In addition, if you or anyone in your home is sick and has tested positive for COVID-19/Monkeypox, please contact our clinic coordinator, Majonna Garcia, immediately.
Knight PTA News!
Please join PTA this year!
Knight PTA's ultimate goal is to benefit our children and support their learning experience. Membership is an opportunity to connect with other parents and to support our school. Our goal is one membership for each student. Membership is only $5 per person! Please join at:
Membership is $5 per individual adult (not per household or per student as GA PTA does not allow household memberships).
Thank you for supporting PTA!
Knight Elementary (KES) PTA Officers for the 2022-23 school year!
Co-President ~ Vanessa Estremadoyro
Co-President ~ Jocabed Montoya
Vice President ~ Kelly Morgan
Secretary ~ Denise Carter
Treasurer ~ Cherie Peck
If you are interested in volunteering to help support KES PTA and Knight Elementary, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need More Help?
Please feel free to contact Ms. Sindy Amador, email@example.com , or Ms. Kelli Sheffield, firstname.lastname@example.org , in our Parent Center. You can also reach them by phone from 9:00am - 3:00pm at 770-806-3887.
Please visit the Knight website often for information and updates at KnightESHomepage. Thank you for your generosity and support as we continue to ensure learning for all students at Knight Elementary!