January 21, 2019
Chronic Absence Update-23.3%
Attendance Next Steps
Going forward we will begin targeted outreach.
Our goal over the next 6 weeks is to move 10 students from moderate to at risk.
Update: We have lowered our chronic absence by 3 students.
The attendance team will be:
- celebrating students with satisfactory attendance
- reaching out daily to targeted families
- scheduling SART (Student Attendance Review Team) Meetings
- when communicating with families discuss attendance
- reach out to families when students are absent
- celebrate great attendance days
All adults should engage in active supervision (scanning, moving around, and anticipating issues) during recess and yard duty. It only takes a second for something to happen.
All personal days must be requested in advance via email.
It is a district requirement that all staff use their OUSD email for communication. Please ensure you check your OUSD email at least once daily. Reach out if you can not access your email account.
3rd to 5th grade should administer the reading IAB should be administered this week. Please reach out to Mrs. Shepherd with any questions.
2nd through 5th grade students should take the SRI this month.
F&Ps for all students below grade level should be given by Jan 31st. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Cycle 3- Writing
Professional Learning Community 1/23
- Please bring student work aligned with your goal for the week.
Complex Text Reminders
- interacting with complex text daily
- answering text-based questions
- responding in writing
Upper Yard-Baker Nash
- No School
- Minimum Day
- Oratorical 9 to 10
- Howard Professional Development 2 to 3:30
- Howard Collaboration 3:30 to 4:00
- Minimum Day
- Williams Off Site-Principal Professional Learning
- Sipps Learning Walk 9 to 9:30
- Howard Professional Learning 1:45 to 2:45
- Howard STEAM Night 6 to 7
- No School for Students
- Professional Learning Day
Upcoming January Events
1/28 Faculty Council