By: Sanjula Yella
How have they impacted the world?
- An estimated 42 million people live with AIDS
- Third world countries, such as sub Saharan Africa, are the most affected
- 12 million children in Africa have been orphaned by parents with AIDS or HIV
- GDP will decrease by 17% over time
Effort To Find The Cure
- Doctors in Boston gave two men bone marrow transplants that got rid of the AIDS virus for a period of time. But both of them had a relapse.
- A nine month old baby was given aggressive treatment with three drugs instead of one and currently shows no signs of the virus.