February 12, 2016
- Midterm Signature pages will come home as homework on Tuesday. That way all of the updated grading from today and this weekend will show.
- CHECK out the level creek website under LCE Awesome Kids! A few of ours are featured! http://levelcreek.org/
- Please make sure your signed up for our remind. In the event of a cyber learning day we will use it to communicate. We also use them to communicate updates often and we don't want you missing out!
- Remember when the weather is below 40, we don't go to recess, but between 40 and 50 we can't take kids out if they are wearing shorts without pants underneath or don't have a jacket/coat. A hoodie that they've worn inside all day long doesn't count as they should need to add a layer to go from our inside comfortable temps to 20 degrees or more cooler!
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
- We are giving tons of tickets this quarter for good behaviors, our SS games, and for people who are role model students. We'd love to have some TRULY AMAZING prizes for our prize drawing at the end of the quarter. If you happen to see some great things your kids would love and are able to grab a few to send in, that would be very helpful!
Student Led Conferences and Sign up (Repeat)
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: No spelling list this week!
Reading: We will continue to work on inferencing this week using our new book study novel, The One and Only Ivan. Our Genre Bingo Card will be due on March 8th for this nine weeks. Wordly Wise Lesson 11 this week. Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Third Nine Weeks.
Writing: We will review the components of a strong Opinion Piece and continue our own Opinion Piece this week! We will review adjectives this week using a mentor sentence from a book we read together, George Washington's Teeth!
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: Decimals have been very smooth. We're now into patterning. Test is 2/23
- NO TEN MARKS this week! But did you check out prodigy with your kiddo? https://www.prodigygame.com/play/
- SS: We launched the Revolutionary War unit today. It is a fairly quick unit as well. Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html Test is 2/26
- Science: Next up is Forces & Motion and Simple Machines! Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html Test is TBA.
Don't Forget! (repeat)
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html