Weekly Update - May 13, 2022
Strive Center for Autism
Current COVID Precautions
- A child who has been a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 may still attend therapy but he must wear a mask for 10 days from his last date of close contact.
- If the ill person is unable to isolate in the home, the last date of close contact may be 10 days from the start of symptoms in the ill person. This may mean your child wears a mask at therapy for more than 10 days total.
- Our centers continue to provide disposable child sized masks, or you may send your child with his own.
- We will also have any child who has been a close contact sit further away from his peers during snack and lunch when he is unmasked (don't worry - we can set it up like a picnic and play it off like it's fun!)
- Our staff may wear a mask while working with a child who is wearing one, so that he will feel more comfortable but you may see our staff remove their mask - it is their choice but we do recommend that they wear one.
- If your child begins to show any symptoms of COVID-19, we will ask that you keep him home.
- If your child will not wear a mask or you'd prefer that he not wear one, he can stay home instead, but he will have to stay home for 10 days after his last contact with the infected person. If the infected person is able to isolate in the home, or wears a mask when around the child, then you count those ten days from the start of symptoms for the infected person.
- The Health Department typically recommends testing for close contacts 3-7 days after exposure and if symptoms develop, but this is not required to attend therapy.
We thank our families for continuing to inform us when they experience any illness, and we will continue to work to keep all our families healthy! Please reach out to your BCBA for any questions.
Summer is coming
Please use the link to complete the form for planned absences:
Here are some dates that the centers will be closed this summer:
Monday, May 30th Memorial Day
Monday, July 4th
Friday, August 26th Professional Development Day
Monday, September 5th Labor Day
If your family is planning a longer absence around one of those dates, or at another time, please let us know as soon as you are able!
Meet Ashley, ABA Therapist in Burton
Ashley started at Strive Center in April 2022. She has previously worked at CASA- voices for Children as a child advocate. She has also worked at Easter Seals as an ABA Technician.
Ashley has an AA from Macomb Community College. She continued her education at University of Michigan - Flint and is majoring in Psychology.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys gardening, camping, crafting, and painting. She likes to spend time with her family and her two dogs.
Caregiver Appreciation Dates
Caregiver Appreciation times are generally the third Friday of the month and will rotate between drop off and end of day pick up times.
In Brighton, families can go to the Coffee Beanery and your first drink is on us – just tell them you’re with Strive!
In Burton, families can go to Garrett’s Place (the building on the back of the property) and you’ll find coffee and treats!
Any caregiver is welcome – this is an opportunity for us to show our appreciation for you and for caregivers to meet each other with no pressure.
• Friday, May 20th 8:30am
• Friday, June 17th 3:00pm
• Friday, July 22nd 8:30am
• Friday, August 19th 3:00pm
• Friday, September 16th 8:30am
• Friday, October 21st 3:00pm
• Friday, November 18th 8:30am
VIP (Very Important Person) Dates 2022
VIP Days are scheduled once per quarter. This is a day for your child to choose a VIP to invite to Strive. A sign up genius link will be shared with families when each date approaches. We ask parents to sign up for either a drop off or pick up time, and we will split the number of spots available to make it less overwhelming for the children. Our plan for the event is for VIPs to come into the center and get a tour from the child assisted by their technician. VIPs will make a craft with the child and technician and enjoy a snack together.
Our hope with this event is to give additional caregivers and family members a sneak peek into what their loved one spends so much time doing at Strive Center for Autism!
• Friday, July 1st
• Friday, September 30th
• Tuesday, November 22nd
Friday, May 20th, 8:30am
Brighton and Burton
In Burton, come on back to Garrett's Place for a coffee and treat!
These are just opportunities for caregivers to enjoy a treat and meet each other. We welcome any caregiver to join us!