Curtis Roo Stars
A Note from Mrs. Bratcher
Curtis Elementary is an elementary school located in the heart of Weatherford, Texas serving kindergarten through fifth grade students. Curtis partners with families and the community to create a positive, connected learning environment focused on educating the whole child. Highly qualified teachers challenge and inspire students to develop their talents and passions in order to prepare for future success in the global community. Curtis Elementary fosters creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking in all students.
Curtis Elementary has programs and services to meet the needs of all students. These include, Dyslexia, Quest (Gifted and Talented), English as a Second Language (ESL), Reading and math interventions, Innovation class and various clubs.
Curtis Fundraiser Starts Monday, September 9, 2019
Registration Online- All students must be registered online!
Morning and Afternoon Procedures
Our main focus at Curtis is to make sure that your student is safe at all times. Here are our procedures:
- All doors will remain locked in the morning.
- Front doors will be opened from 7:15 – 7:50. At 7:50 the doors will close and students will have to go through the office to enter the building.
- Students may go to cafeteria for breakfast and gym if not eating breakfast.
- Breakfast is from 7:15-7:50--- Any students that come in at 7:50 or after will take their breakfast to class with them.
- No left turns into the drive-thru heading west bound on Russell St.
- Parents that want to conference with their child's teacher must check in at the office.
- Entry through the back doors is only allowed for staff, handicap visitors, bus and bicycle students during the school day.
- Please do NOT drop students off to cross the street on Lamar. Students must cross at the corner of Lamar and Russell intersection.
Parents will use a color coded name card to help with dismissal. Parents are encouraged to display their card in the car window in order to ensure all students safety at dismissal. This will allow parents the opportunity to stay in their vehicle while staff members bring their student to the vehicle. If you are in need of a new card please notify your teacher to get a replacement. If an alternate person is picking up your student, please have them come to the office for verification.
Remember to notify the office in writing or by phone, if your child has an alternative plan for getting home.
-Students will be released at the front of the building to walk to their destination. Staff members will monitor all crosswalks.
Pick up and Drop off Procedures
- Parents will remain in vehicle and drop students off in the morning and pick students up in the afternoon by accessing the drive off Russell Street leading to the back of the school.
- No left turns into the drive-thru heading west bound on Russell.
- K-1 students will use Lane 1 (Inside/curbside lane) closest to the building for drop off and pick up.
- All other students in grades 2-5 will use Lane 2 (the outside lane farthest from the building) for drop off and pick up.
Buses and Parking
- Buses will use the front drive in front of the building.
- No parking, except handicap parking, will be allowed in front of Curtis between the hours of 7:00 AM and 8:15 AM and 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM.
- Parking will be allowed along the curb on the west side of Lamar only. NO parking will be allowed on the east side of Lamar.
Thank you for the help and support in making Curtis a safe school!
PEACHJAR - ALL Flyers and Information posted on Peach Jar!
CIT Member Nominees
We are taking CIT nominations! We need a parent member, community member, and business member. CIT (Campus Improvement Team) is made up of Curtis staff and teachers along with a parent, community, and business member. This team is our campus advisory committee. .
If you are interested, please call the office at 817-598-2838. You may nominate yourself or someone else! We will take nominations by phone or in the office. Come by the office to pick up your nomination form today!
We will accept nominations through September 6, 2019.
Find us on twitter at @Curtis_Roos