VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
August 27, 2015
- Thursday, September 3 - Fall Festival Planning Meeting in High School Multipurpose Room @ 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 4 - Rachel's Challenge Leadership Team & Rachel's Challenge Club Applications Due @ 3:25 (more information below)
- Monday, September 7 - Labor Day Holiday - No School
- Wednesday, September 9 - Fundraiser Kick-off
- Tuesday, September 15 - "Old School" Curriculum Night for parents 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 22 - Fundraiser Orders Due
- Saturday, October 3 - Fall Festival 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Pep Rally Dates - Sept. 10, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 5 (Pep Rallies begin @ 2:49)
- Student Dance Dates - Sept. 25, Dec. 4, Feb. 12, Apr. 29 (5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 and 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30)
Message From the Principal
- Students can be dropped off as early as 7:35 in the mornings. For their safety, please do not drop your child off before this time as they will be unsupervised.
- The information packets that went home in the manila folder on Meet the Teacher Night are due as soon as possible.
- Please ensure that your child's shots are up to date. This is especially important for our current 7th graders. If you have not done so already, you will need to provide our nurse with a copy of your child's current shot records. If you have any questions, please contact our nurse, Corey Adams, at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 903-482-8804.
We are looking forward to a great year and are excited about all the learning opportunities that this year holds.
This will be the best year yet!
VAMS is preparing to make this the best year of our students' lives!
Hi, I'm Cammi Bruton and I am the new School Counselor at VAMS. I am very excited to participate in your child's education and look forward to getting to know you and your child. Please feel free to contact me at any time if I can be of assistance. You can reach me via email at email@example.com or by calling my direct line at 903-482-8879. Also, listed below is information about REMIND accounts for each grade level. Periodically, I will send information regarding guidance programs your child will be participating in here at at VAMS.
Remind Accounts - Specific for Counselor:
5th Graders -Send a text to 81010 and put @6ec4a in message bar
6th Graders - Send a text to 81010 and put @6ec4ac in message bar
7th Graders - Send a text to 81010 and put @6ec4ac8 in message bar
8th Graders - Send a text to 81010 and put @6ec4ac80 in message bar
Rachel's Challenge is back in motion for 2015-2016! This week students learned about the program and participated in kindness activities. Students also learned about the opportunity to apply for the Rachel's Challenge Leadership Team or sign-up for the Rachel's Challenge Club. (To provide leadership opportunities to as many students as possible, students who are currently serving on Student Council or Student Senate will not be eligible for the Rachel’s Challenge Leadership Team. However, they are welcome to join the Rachel’s Challenge Club and participate in Rachel’s Challenge activities throughout the school year.)
Thank you to two of our 8th grade Leadership Team members from last year, Kayla Bellamy and Kacey Stegall, for helping to introduce Rachel's Challenge to our 5th graders.
Click on this button to access the Rachel's Challenge Leadership Team Application
Click on this button to access the Rachel's Challenge Club Application
Be sure to Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter at @vamiddleschool
VAMS Remind Accounts
· VAMS Account: Text @vams to 903-482-4632
· 5th Grade: Text @va5thgrade to 903-201-4118
· 6th Grade: Text @va6 to 903-598-5227
· 7th Grade: Text @vam to 972-460-9351
· 8th Grade: Text YT3E39 to 650-252-1369
· Theater Arts: Text @6af9e to 469-507-2942
· Beginning Band: Text @95fb3 to 469-757-4281
· 7th Grade Band: Text @4783e8 to 469-757-4281
· 8th Grade Band: Text @47910 to 469-757-4281
Athletics Signup Information
· Middle school girls athletics: Text @vamsgirls to 903-482-3566
· Middle school boys athletics: Text @vamsboys to 903-482-3566
· High school girls athletics: Text @vahsgirls to 903-482-3566
· High school boys athletics: Text @vahsboys to 903-482-3566
Get to know our new staff members...
Click this button to view our school's accountability rating for the 2014-2015 school year
Chromebooks - 8th Graders Only
Click on this button to access the VAISD Electronic Computer Device Agreement
Thank you to our wonderful PTA for the new Keurig in the teacher's lounge. You guys are awesome!
Volleyball - Thursday, September 3 @ 4:30 at Whitewright
Football - Thursday, September 10 @ 4:30 - home game vs. Anna