PLA 48 Weekly Update
Holiday Spirit Week
Families as we prepare for winter break next week, we want scholars to enjoy the last week of school!!
- On Wednesday 12/14/2022 Scholars may wear their favorite holiday shirt, they must still be in uniform bottoms
- On Thursday 12/15/2022 Scholars may wear an Ugly Christmas Sweater, they must still be in uniform bottoms
- On Friday 12/16/2022 Scholars can wear their favorite holiday pajamas. Friday is a half day we will dismiss at 1:00pm!!
Please remember any scholars that are not participating must still be in their respective uniform colors, and absolutely NO CROCS, SANDALS, OR HOUSESHOES.
Recess is a Go!!
If you have any questions please call the front office.
PTO CALL OUT!!
As always if you have any questions Ms. Wallace is available via TEXT MESSAGING 24/7 at 317-721-6027
If you have any questions email Ms. Devyn Burns at Dburn@phalenacademies.org
YMCA Christmas Giveaway!!
There is a walk-in Christmas program happening 12/17 for families. The details are below:
- Avondale Meadows YMCA 12/17 from 1-2 pm
- 3908 Meadows dr. Indianapolis, IN 46205
-Phone # 317-549-9622
- parents need to bring a valid state ID and birth certificates for any children receiving gifts
PICTURES ARE IN!!
No Food Deliveries
We can make accommdations for special occasions such as birthdays or to reward good behavior, however again it will need to be cleard by the front office staff in advance.
If you have any questions please call the front office and speak with Ms. Wallace 317-226-4248
If you have any questions Ms Wallace will be happy to assist you.
Christmas Around The World @48
WINTER BREAK IS COMING!!
Friday January 13th is the end of the Grading Period!!
First View App, Track Your Scholar's Bus!!
PreK: PreK students do NOT wear uniforms, but please no sandals, open toed shoes, or Crocs
GRADES K-3 WILL BE IN RED POLOS ONLY WITH KHAKI & BLACK BOTTOMS
GRADES 4-5 WILL BE IN GRAY POLOS ONLY WITH KHAKI & BLACK BOTTOMS
GRADE 6 WILL BE IN BLACK OR WHITE POLOS ONLY WITH KHAKI & BLACK BOTTOMS
SHOES ARE TO BE CLOSED HEEL AND TOES… SANDALS, CROCS & FLIP FLOPS ARE NOT ALLOWED AT ANYTIME!!
JACKETS AND HOODIES ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING SCHOOL HOURS
SWEATERS AND LONG SLEEVE UNDERSHIRTS MUST BE SCHOOL COLORS (RED, BLACK, WHITE, GRAY).
ALL SCHOLARS MAY WEAR PHALEN BRANDED ATTIRE REGARDLESS OF COORDINATING GRADE LEVEL COLOR.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT OUR DEANS AND TEACHERS WILL BE REACHING OUT TO FAMILIES FOR SCHOLARS THAT ARE OUT OF COMPLIANCE
FREE Career Training
Parents, family members, and neighbors of our scholars can apply to PLA University for training in high-demand careers like Medical Assistant, Dental Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomist, Entrepreneur, and more! New classes form quarterly. For more information contact Alex Morales via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 317-643-2330, apply online at plauniversity.org, or use the following link: PLA University Application
Parents/Guardians that have scholars that ride the bus to school please keep in mind that transportation ask that your scholars be on the bus stop 10 minutes before AND after your stop time. Please be sure to download the First View app so that you can track your scholars bus
Parents and visitors that come to the building will not be allowed into the office unless it is necessary. If you are picking up your scholar from school early or dropping off your scholar late Ms. Wallace will talk with you through the speaker box and then will buzz you in to wait in the Atrium. There will be a binder where you can sign the appropriate sheet. If you are picking up we will call your scholar down and they will meet you in the Atrium, if you are dropping them off then you may sign them in and then leave and we will make sure your scholar gets to the right location. We are trying to keep all scholars and families safe. We appreciate your cooperation.
School start at 8:50, scholars that are tardy will not be permitted into the building after 10:45am, unless it is due to a doctor appointment and you have to call the front office before 9:30am to let the school know. Parents also remember that you are required to come in and sign your late scholar in for the day in order for them to be marked tardy.
If you need to change how your scholar is getting home please make sure you call the school before 2:30pm, we can not make any changes after that time.
Parents that are picking up their scholars must be here before 3:15pm we will not dismiss schoalrs after 3:15 as we have already started our dismissal process for the day.
Car riders start dismissing at 3:30 out door #7
As always if you have any questions or concerns you may call the school at 317-226-4248,
email Ms. Wallace at email@example.com or text our school line at 317-721-6027!!
Important Dates to Remember
- Christmas Around the World will be on Thursday December 15th from 5:00-6:00pm
- Half Day on Friday December 16th, scholars will dismiss at 1:00pm
- Winter Break December 17th, 2022 - January 3rd, 2023
- January 9th-January 31st Trash Bag Fundraiser (More information to come)
- January 4th-February 14th Pacers Fundraiser (More information to come)
- Wednesday January 11th is a half day, scholars will dismiss at 1:00pm
- Friday January 13th is the last day of the grading Period
- Tuesday January 17th 2023 Dental Safari
- Tuesday January 31st Hearing & Vision Screening