Product Development Stages
- Sometimes called 'Ideation'
- Idea Generation is the creative process of generating, developing, and communicating new ideas, where an idea is understood as a basic element of thought that can be either visual, concrete, or abstract.
- If consumer feedback is positive, a prototype is made.
- Will allow you to see if the product works with the consumer
- Also important for getting feedback for future improvements
Feasibility Analysis/ Study
- A feasibility study is an evaluation and analysis of the potential of the proposed project which is based on extensive investigation and research to give full comfort to the decisions makers
- A feasibility study evaluates the project's potential for success
- Answers the question "Can we make and sell this product and make money doing it?"
- Appearance of the product
- Tries to keep up with the latest design trends
- The target market will need to like, or identify with, the design