Penn Wood Elementary School
January 27, 2023
Penn Wood Newsletter
Penn Wood Vision: Highly Effective - Academic Excellence, Personal Growth, Creative Thinking, Service to the Community
From the Principal's Office
Hello Penn Wood Families!
EAGLES! We have been having a lot of fun at Penn Wood this January. The staff is having it's annual Soup-Ur-Bowl celebration today! Last year Mrs. Treon took home first place for her dish/soup/chili in our staff cook-off...let's see if she can defend her title today:) We have a flyer below that provides information about Penn Wood's soup can drive. Lastly, congratulations to student council president Brooklynn Cassidy and student council representative Aiden Custer for leading a presentation regarding all the cool things Penn Wood student council is doing this year! Well done!
Thank you for continuing to support all the staff at Penn Wood!
With Penn Wood Pride,
Dr. Mike G. Garvin
Follow us on Twitter! - @PennWood1470
Valentine Treats Fundraiser Sale
Cakepops! Hot Cocoa Bombs! Heart Cakes! Along with "Cakes and Candies by Maryellen," Penn Wood Home & School Association is offering the opportunity to purchase adorable Valentine-themed treats and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Penn Wood!
See the ORDER FORM for details on how to place an order and photos of the treats available. Submit your order by Friday, February 3rd and your treats will be delivered to Penn Wood for pick up on Friday, February 10th.
Hi Parents of Penn Wood Bears,
This is a reminder that food treats for birthday celebrations cannot be accepted as per the District and Penn Wood Wellness Policies. If you want, non-food treats can be sent in to celebrate your child’s special day. Please contact the school nurse, Mrs. Burg at 484-266-1906 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thanks for your cooperation! 😊
General Pick Up Patrol Reminders…
Please keep your child’s dismissal plan up to date as we follow the dismissal plan as it is listed in Pick Up Patrol. If your child is participating in an after school activity, please select that activity. Recurring and future dates my be scheduled in advance. Daily plan changes must be made by 2pm.
January 30 Spellman Blood Drive 12-5
February 9 Flux Space Field Trip 3rd gr
February 10 Flux Space Field Trip 3rd gr
February 10 H&S Sweetheart Dance
February 16 Beginner String Concert 9:30a & 7p
February 17 Half Day - Teacher In-Service
February 20 President’s Day – No School
New Student Registration – 2023-24 School Year
Have a child turning 5 years old on or before 9/1/23? Have a neighbor or friend with a child turning 5? Spread the word……….it’s time to pre-register for kindergarten!
Items to upload electronically when pre-registering online:
- Birth Certificate
- Physical Report
- Dental Report
- Proof of Residence #1 – copy of mortgage statement, deed or lease agreement
- Proof of Residence #2 – copy of utility bill, car insurance card, tax bill or insurance declaration page (we need to see current date, name and address)
Please be sure to complete and upload documents before clicking “submit”.
Once you click on “submit”, you no longer have access to the pre-registration file. If you have any questions, please email Kathy Oswald at email@example.com. Thank you!!
Morning Arrival Updates for Car Riders: A few reminders that would be helpful for morning carline.
- Parents should not get out of the car
- If kids need help with their backpack, they can get out of the car, on the “kids side” of the cones and I can help
- Unload all along the cones, 5 - 7 cars should be able to unload at once to move the line along.
- Arrival carline drop off - 8:30 - 9:00am
- After 9:00 am (Late Arrivals) - drop off is in the front of the building
Afternoon Carline - 3:30 - 3:45
Please follow these protocols:
1) Please stay in car
2) If students can't buckle themselves in the car...please pull forward to the cul-de-sac and buckle there
3) Please do not enter the carline until 3:10. Vehicles cannot line up and wait as this causes unnecessary congestion on Johnny’s Way.
4) Enter the campus eastbound on Johnny’s Way. (PM Carline Directional Map) Below...
5) Do not block driveways on Johnny’s Way
Early Dismissal Reminders
Early Dismissal end at 3:00. If you have to take your child to a doctor’s appointment, sporting event, etc.…please arrange to pick up prior to 3:00 and update Pickup Patrol
Thank you in advance for your understanding as we look to increase efficiency and safety with our dismissal procedures.
Please email any volunteer clearances to firstname.lastname@example.org