November 2, 2017
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• Stay informed about school district happenings. Sign up to receive Mankato Area Public Schools' news alerts by email or text message to stay informed about school district news and events. This would be one way you could find out if school is delayed or closed due to the weather.
• Conference Meals: IF you are interested, willing and able to help provide food for teacher meals for fall conferences, please click here for more information. Thank you!!!
• Playground Supervisor: I am on the hunt for a lunch recess playground supervisor. The job requires that you be available from 11:00-12:45 each day that school is in session. If you think this might interest you, please contact Sarah Heuer in the Roosevelt Office (345-4285). Please consider this, as it would be a great opportunity to be a part of the school community in a new and important way!
• If you have a preschooler that will be entering Kindergarten in the 2018-2019 school year and has not had an Early Childhood Screening, or if you are not planning on sending your child to Kindergarten, please call Central Registration at 507-207-4037. In Minnesota, children are eligible to attend Kindergarten when they are five years old on or before September 1st of the calendar year that schools starts. Early Childhood Screening is required before Kindergarten registration. Kindergarten registration packets will be sent out in January 2018 prior to Kindergarten Round-Up.
• Operating Levy Referendum and School Board Election: See information below about this important upcoming vote on Tuesday, November 7. Most importantly, please remember to VOTE!! As it states below, you may vote early down at the District Office, 10 Civic Center Plaza. Please vote on November 7.
• Our next late start is Tuesday, November 14. School begins 2 hours late at 10:05 a.m. Please complete the following registration if your child(ren) plan on attending our FREE child watch.
• Stuff-A-Truck will start Monday, November 6 and end Friday, November 17.
• Just a quick note to let families know that I have been out of school all week due to an unexpected family emergency and will return on Monday. As you likely know, Roosevelt has a great team of people at the ready to support students and help families. For that, I am grateful!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Our next late start is Tuesday, November 14. School begins 2 hours late at 10:05 a.m. Please complete the following registration if your child(ren) plan on attending. Child watch is Free, and will begin at 7:35 a.m.
Operating Levy Referendum/School Board Election
Tuesday, November 7, 2017, is election day. If you would like to vote early, absentee voting is available at the District Office, 10 Civic Center Plaza, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Residents of Mankato Area Public Schools will vote on an Operating Levy and the election of three School Board members.
As a result of our Operating Levy expiring on June 30, 2018, our School Board has proposed to increase its referendum revenue authority. This proposed authorization would include an increase of $365 per pupil and would increase each year by the rate of inflation and be applicable for ten years beginning with taxes payable in 2018.
The most common question we hear is, “What will the money be used for?” The dollars go to people, programs and day-to-day operations. Here is a link to our Q & A article which will help answer that question. This is an exciting time for our growing school community. Funding will help us to continue our work and provide the resources we need for the education of each child, retaining and recruiting staff and our daily costs.
Please visit the District website www.isd77.org under “quick links” where you will find more information about the operating levy, a tax impact calculator for your property, and candidate information.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the District Office at 507-387-1868 or email email@example.com.
Kindergarten Students Working Hard & Being SRR
Two Kindergarten students working hard on reading during their WIN (What I Need) time.
First Grade Friends
First grade students working together and building friendships with each other.
SRR On the Playground
Parker helped to pick up the recess balls after the whistle blew. Thank you, Parker, for showing SRR.