Record your screen in one quick easy step
What is Screencast-O-Matic?
Screencast-O-Matic is a very easy way to take up to a 15 minute screen cast of what is on your screen.
How could this be applicable in the classroom?
- video instructions on how to get to a specific place on the internet
- how to format a document a particular way
- how to use a web 2.0 tool
Example of a Screencast-O-Matic
Turning Point New Software Update
How to Use Screencast-O-Matic
Screencast-O-Matic is very simple to use. It does not require a log in which is a nice feature for student use.
- go to http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
- Click on Start Recording
- dotted lines will surround the part of your screen that you are going to record (you can adjust the size by dragging the boxes that are on the dotted lines to the appropriate size)
- Set up your microphone
- When you are ready, press the red record button and start recording
- When you are finished, you can select done and save the video by publishing to Screencast-O-Matic, publishing to YouTube, or saving to your computer by publishing to a Video File.
Check out this video on how to start recording