Reading Coach 4 P Report
Week of February 1st - 5th
- Coordinated more volunteers for the kindergarten teachers so they can administer their DRA2 assessments.
- Contacted two schools to have them release students from their DRA2 roster.
- I made multiple copies and organized the book part of DRA2 assessment forms so they could begin that part of the testing today.
- Observed in the third grade teacher's classroom and provided feedback about her basal lesson.
- Observed in the self-contained teacher's room to watch how this first year teacher is doing with her students. I want her to keep them moving ahead even though they are behind by several grade levels. She has one student who is age equivalent to 4th grade but on a Kindergarten reading level so this is a student I want to help provide support for her.
- Analyzed MAP data for each grade level class. I created a personal list for me of students who were in the 50th percentile or lower.
- Meet with our computer lab teacher to discuss the Skills Assessment Checklist available through MAP. We created a list of the skiil tests that are available in Reading and Math.
- My 5th grade teacher had to be out with a sick child so I have not had a chance to meet with her about our visit but I did go in her room while the sub was there and rechecked her library and made notes on suggestions for getting more varied levels of books available for the students.
- I have touched base with our first grade teacher but plan to meet with her again on the in-service-day for a little while.
- I met with our LLI interventionist to discuss the progress of a student of concern. I also called the parent to discuss following through on the routines at home.
- I do morning walk-throughs to check on my ELA teachers and ask if they need anything.
- I took down my John Collins banners, made pictures of each section, and returned the work to the teachers to get ready for the new banners I am creating that will be laminated and make it a more interchangeable display for the teachers to display the process of writing.
- I sent out an e-mail requesting work for me to display and promised them a "prize" for volunteering work. I will give them a duty free lunch or recess pass.
- I sent Carol an e-mail to request a chance to come in to her room and create an anchor chart with her students.
- I have touched base with Carol about topics of study to do my project for PLC with her class.
- I am keeping the first two bullets that I had last week as reminder for me.
- I plan to meet with both teachers to have a personal coaching session and see if there are questions they have related to the visit and debriefing from our Coaches meeting.
- I plan to work specifically with my 5th grade teacher to support her rotations include more choice and time for reading.
- I will continue to plan for my PLC project with Carol.
- I plan to buy some browsing buckets for the self-contained class and introduce this concept to their teacher.
- I will read through all the Edmodo materials in preparation for the inquiry project for this semester.
- I am so thankful for your support Lauren. You have the heart of a listener.
- I am thankful for my Reading Coach friendships. I can count on them for support. Michelle, in particular has reached out and helped me during my first year.
- I appreciate that I have a principal that understands what good ELA instruction looks like and shares his concerns with me so that I can make plans for addressing it in a non-threatening way.