Pine Hollow Middle School
Summer News: June 24, 2020
Regardless of how school looks this coming year, one of our main staff goals is to continue to focus on equity, diversity, justice, and racism. Although we've been working on these issues as a staff over the last few years, we plan to increase our commitment moving forward. We are committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and equitable experience at Pine Hollow so that all students and families feel welcomed and supported.
If you want to talk with your child about these issues, please check out this great page: Resources for Talking about Race, Racism and Racialized Violence with Kids. And, if you are interested in seeing a couple of the great organizations that our staff utilizes, please visit these sites: Center for Racial Justice in Education and Teaching Tolerance.
Please let me know if you have any questions or need any support. Thank you,
Principal, Pine Hollow Middle School
MDUSD's Roadmap to Reopen
Pine Hollow's Summer Teams
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION TEAM
Teaching and Learning Strategies
Team Building and Collaboration
Interventions and Supports
Assessments and Testing
CULTURE AND COMMUNITY TEAM
Transitioning to New Era
Student Rewards and Honors
Equity and Current Events
LOGISTICS AND OPERATIONS TEAM
Health and Safety
Schoolwide Procedures and Guidelines
PTSA Support Needed
Thank you for taking these steps to support the PTSA! We need everyone's support and this will just take a few minutes of your time!
Other Important Notes
- The main office will be closed for the month of July. However, we will use our school website, email newsletters, and robocalls to continue to communicate with families over the summer.
- Yearbooks will be delivered mid/late July so we are working on a pick-up plan and will communicate that out soon.
- Incoming 6th Graders will need to provide proof of residency. Please click here to understand this process and prepare your materials.
- Incoming 7th Graders will need to provide updated immunization records. Please click here for more information about immunizations so that you can take care of this over the summer.
- MDUSD is providing free meals over the summer. View the days, times and locations here.
- If you still need to turn in textbooks or a Chromebook, please come to the main office from 9:00-3:00pm before June 30th.