Ms. Bell's Bulletin
Week of February 8th-12th
Please remember that masks are required when on school property for all students, staff, parents, and visitors. This includes drop off and pick up!
- Students can bring in cards to pass out to each of their classmates. Students will pass these out on Monday, February 8. Any decorated boxes/sacks to collect these cards should be ready to go on the same day. This will allow the cards to sit, untouched, until the class party on Friday, February 12.
- We have 16 students in our class! They do not need to put who each Valentine is to, just who it is from!
- Please have your student decorate a Valentine's Day box or bag at home and send it to school no later than Monday, February 8th.
- Please do not send in treats or snacks for the class to share. Also, due to our COVID19 Visitor Policy, parents will not have the opportunity to volunteer for the classroom parties. However, you do always have the option to volunteer to supervise lunch. Please click the link below if you are interested.
Academic Focus For Next Week:
Unit 3, Week 3
Wonders Unit 3: Week 4- Weather (main idea and key details)
Stories: Wild Weather and Tornado
Essential Question for the week: How does weather affect us?
Finish Chapter 5: 2-digit subtraction with regrouping (test Thursday)
Continue Space Unit
Verbs-have, has, had
Specials for the week:
Friday- TEAMS Lab
Upcoming Dates and Events:
February 8th- ALL VALENTINE'S ITEMS MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL!
February 15th- No School (President's Day)
February 17th- Picture Day
February 19th- Early Release @ 1:30
March 5th- Early Release @ 1:30
March 12th- 1/2 Release @ 11:30
March 15th-19th SPRING BREAK!
Vocabulary for the week:
Homework for the week:
1. Complete at least three items off of your vocabulary menu to practice your vocabulary words for the week! The vocabulary list is shown above and can also be located in their homework spiral along with the vocabulary menu.
2. Please make sure that your child is reading each evening and filling out their February reading log in their google classroom OR on the paper copy found in their Friday folder.
Parent Curriculum Guide Handbook
MacArthur Elementary School
2nd Grade Teacher