December 3, 2018
New Student Enrollment for the 2019-20 School Year:
Classical School's application period for the 2019-2020 school year is December 1, 2018 through February 15, 2019. A completed application must be returned by February 15th for any siblings, including incoming kindergarteners, of current K-8 Classical School students. Only those applications for siblings returned by February 15th will receive priority in the lottery for enrollment placement or waiting list order. Applications received after February 15th will not be included in the lottery, and those students will be added to the end of any waiting list for their grade in the order applications are received.
The online application may be accessed here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeAq6VxMefi7pHO2qOvHLztJ_21sJzuBiAtt4bjvuRVhDcxeQ/viewform. Alternatively, paper applications are available outside the school office.
Please see the school website http://www.classicalcharter.com/prospective-families/application-procedure/ if you have questions about the lottery process, or contact Joanne Bielmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Classical School informational nights for prospective families wishing to learn more about our program will be held:
Wednesday, December 12th from 6:30 -- 7:30 pm in Room 122
Wednesday, January 9th from 6:30 -- 7:30 pm in Room 122
Wednesday, February 6th from 6:30 -- 7:30 pm in Room 122
Please join us!*
- Tuning and warming up takes time; students must arrive at the assigned time of 7:00 pm or notify the teacher two weeks in advance. We want everyone to play their best!
- Students should dress nicely to show pride in presenting their music to the community! School and orchestra dress codes (black bottoms, white tops) will be enforced.
- Gentlemen: black dress pants, white button-down/polo shirt, dress shoes (if possible), any color tie.
- Ladies: knee length or longer (especially cello players) black skirt, dress, or dress pants, nice white shirt/blouse without words, dress shoes (if possible).
- Students should be bringing their instruments home to practice every night; please encourage their playing and consider having them practice performing for you or other friends/relatives!
Please contact Mr. Heckner with any questions: mailto:email@example.com
Mark your calendars: Thursday, January 10th, Grades 4-6 Orchestra and Grades 5-6 Band Concert 7:00 pm
Classical School would like to thank our music teachers!
It was great to see the enthusiasm and smiles on the students' faces as they showcased what they have been learning in music at Classical.
Up and Coming...
Classical School rockin' 50s and 60s School Dance!
Get ready to shake, rattle, and roll as Classical School celebrates the groovy music of the 1950s and 1960s with a family dance on Friday, January 18, 2019 from 6:00 -- 7:30 p.m. Girls, dig out your poodle skirts or capris, bobby socks, and saddle shoes. Boys, get your blue jeans, white t-shirts, and cool sunglasses ready. With the help of our DJ, we are going to dance to the music that defined rock-n-roll. Our "drive-in" will offer popcorn, lemonade, and glow necklaces.
4K Info Sessions -- Lifelong learning starts here!
Student Council Food Drive
Thank you to all for the many donations. As a school we collected 1,592 items! The items were picked up by St. Joe's Food Pantry and were much appreciated. Our Student Council members will be volunteering at St. Joe's in December with sorting donations and serving clients.
When Your Child Has a Cold
All children get colds which are caused by a virus. The virus is spread from one person to another by coughing, sneezing, touching a person, or contact with a contaminated surface.
Since cold symptoms vary and there is no one best medicine, the best management is to relieve the symptoms:
● FEVER: Acetaminophen, drinking extra fluids.
● RUNNY NOSE: Antihistamines or decongestants may help but should be used with caution, especially for young children.
● STUFFY NOSE: Same advice as for runny nose. Nasal spray may help.
● COUGH: This is a frustrating and difficult symptom to control. Over-the-counter cough medicines, and a cool mist vaporizer may provide some relief.
● SORE THROAT: Most are caused by a virus, few by strep infection. Throat lozenges (but not at school) and sprays, a cool mist vaporizer, and drinking cool liquids will help relieve the discomfort.
Colds usually last 7-10 days. CALL YOUR CHILD’S DOCTOR if your child:
● Has a cold lasting longer than 10 days.
● Has severe pain in the face or forehead.
● Has ear pain or drainage.
● Has a fever above 102 degrees.
● Has shortness of breath.
● Has a cough or wheezing that won’t go away.
Middle School Dance -- The Future!
Winter Athletic Teams (7th & 8th Graders)
All potential players MUST have an updated physical or alternate year physical form on file in the Classical School office prior to the first practice. You can pick up those forms in the Classical School office.
You will not be able to practice unless you have the proper forms turned in before practice starts!
You can find more information about the Einstein/Classical athletics program on the district website or by calling the Einstein office. Coaches update the sport webpage closer to the start of the season. Please see the link below to the sport webpage:
Newsworthy Odds and Ends
Are you looking for some good stocking stuffer ideas? Markers, glue, glue sticks, pens, pencils, and any other school supply consumables are just a few suggestions. With the restart of the school year in January, it is a good time to check the status of your child's school supplies. Teachers always appreciate extra boxes of tissues during the end of the cold season as well.
Thank you, Mr. Harry Herres, volunteer grandparent, for helping students weekly with curricular needs. Your smile and sense of humor is appreciated by all!
The CCSA Board would like to encourage you to consider a gift to the CCSA, Inc., in your charitable giving this year. Checks can be made to Classical Charter School Association. We are grateful for your gifts and promise you the best stewardship of your gifts to the Classical Charter School, Inc. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season!
What is Knowledge-A-Thon?
Classical School's major fundraiser of the year is called Knowedge-a-Thon (KAT). Students are given packets of questions on March 15th that contain curriculum they have learned to date. Family/friends can pledge a flat amount or a certain amount/correct question.
- KAT festivities begin with a poster contest starting February 14th with posters due February 27th. Paper is supplied to students who want to participate and can be picked up in the office starting February 14th.
- March 19th -- 22nd is Star Week. Students answer questions in the Forum during lunch to earn prizes.
- April 3rd -- April 6th is the Lottery Lollapalooza. Students answer KAT questions and names are picked for prizes.
- April 9th -- April 13th is Bonanza week. Students answer questions to earn prizes.
- KAT culminates with Spirit Week April 15th and KAT day on Thursday, April 18th. On KAT day, students are encouraged to dress up as a character/subject from their curriculum. Students will be tested in the Forum during the morning by parent volunteers.
Watch the Pegasus Flyers for more information as we get nearer to KAT time!
If you would like to showcase your business or your employer's business in our Knowledge-A-Thon question booklet, please see the information below:
What? We will post your business card (half-page size) in the KAT booklet for $25.00. Full page ads are $50.00.
Why? 480 booklets (+/-) will be viewed during March and April by over 300 Classical families! This is wonderful exposure for your business and a great way to support Classical School.
When? Submissions are due March 1st.
How? Simply send in your business card and a check made out to Classical School in an envelope to school labeled "Linda Kemps (KAT)."
We would also be very grateful for the following contributions:
- Matching Contributions from your employer
- Donations of gift certificates, coupons, or other useful prize items
- $5 - $10 gift cards for the KAT lottery activity (Suggestions: Target, Walmart, Cousins, Subway, Paradise Island, Dairy Queen, Culvers, etc.)
Mark your calendars!
We know it's early, but as you plan for spring vacations and appointments, please remember that state and district testing windows are as follows:
WISCONSIN FORWARD EXAM Testing Window: March 18th -- May 3rd, grades 3-8
MAP Testing Testing Window: April 15th -- May 8th, grades K-7
Stay tuned for more specific dates as testing times get nearer.
Saturday, December 1, 2018 Info : Classical lottery application period begins for 2019-20
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 Ski Club Bus Sign-Up
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 PM -- 3:50 PM
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Tuesday, December 4, 2018 Ski Club Chaperone Meeting 6:00 -- 7:00 PM
Wednesday, December 5, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Wednesday, December 5, 2018 Activity : Homework Help 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Thursday, December 6, 2018 All School Event: Orchestra Concert (7/8) Forum, 7:30 PM -- 8:30 PM
Friday, December 7, 2018 Special Day : Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 Info : AASD late start (Classical School does not participate)
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Wednesday, December 12, 2018 Info : Information session for prospective new families Room 122 6:30 PM
Thursday, December 13, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 PM -- 3:50 PM
Thursday, December 13, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Thursday, December 13, 2018 We are Classical Club Room 112 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Friday, December 14, 2018 Dance : 7th/8th Grade Only Forum 6:30 -- 8:30 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Tuesday, December 18, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Wednesday, December 19, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Wednesday, December 19, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms 122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Thursday, December 20, 2018 Activity : After School Study Hall Rm L08 3:00 -- 3:50 PM
Thursday, December 20, 2018 Activity : Homework Help Rooms122,126 3:00 -- 4:00 PM
Saturday, December 22, 2018 Info : Winter Break Begins