November/December Edition (Volume 129, Issue 4)
From the Principal
Rick Fauss will be serving as the interim superintendent/principal beginning December 1st and will continue through the end of the year. He is excited to be a part of the school community and I know you will all welcome him.
The School Board will also begin advertising for a permanent superintendent/principal beginning in January. The hopes are that an individual will be selected by April so they can become familiar with the NCC climate and culture in preparation for officially starting on July 1.
A huge thank you to everyone who helped out this year with our annual Fall festival. Whether you donated candy, helped setup, worked a booth for your kids class, etc., any and all help was very much appreciated! Overall the event went very well. Below is what each class booth made after all the tickets were counted:
Bean Bag (1st Grade): $224
Hook-a-Pumpkin (TK/K): $133
Ring Toss (3rd Grade): $107
Fishing Booth (K): $334
Toilet Paper Toss (4th Grade): $184
Carmel Apples: $294
Angry Birds (6th Grade): $105
Ice Cream Toss (1st/2nd Grades): $103
Eyeball Toss (5th Grade): $115
Chicken Flick'n (7th Grade): $125
Cake Walk (8th Grade): $625
Pumpkin Blaster (2nd Grade): $122
Haunted House/Cotton Candy (7th Grade): $621
We also want to say thank you to all who attended the annual Beaver Bash and a special thank you to the businesses that donated items for the auctions!
22 - 23: Thanksgiving Break
12/22: School Board Meeting
12/23 - 01/10: Winter Break (School resumes on Tuesday, 1/11)
01/17: No School - Martin Luther King Birthday
01/19: School Board Meeting
School Board Member Update
We are in need of individuals who would like to substitute as an aide or yard duty when current staff are absent. If you are interested, please complete the classified application below and send/email it to the office. Candidates would need to pass a security/back ground check and take a paraprofessional test. We'll offer help in preparing for the paraprofessional test.
Board Meeting Information (Board Meetings now begin at 6:00 pm)
Business conducted at the previous Board Meeting (November 16 @ 6:00 pm):
- Approved appointment of Tony Baldwin to serve on the NCC School Board.
- Discussed COVID-19 related topics including the possibility of vaccination requirements for students.
- Approved the Board's reorganization meeting to be December 21, 2021 at 6:00 pm.
- Reviewed the use of Educator Effectiveness funds.
- Approved the interim superintendent/principal's contract.
- Approved the 22/23 school year calendar.
- Closed Session: Consultation regarding labor negotiations.
Business to be conducted at the upcoming Board Meeting (December 21 @ 6:00 pm)
- Reorganization of the Board: Approval of meeting dates and appointment of the Board president and Board clerk.
- Approval of the Educator Effectiveness funds.
- Approval of compensation agreements for classified, certificated and confidential employees.
Resources for Parents
Parents with students in grades 4-8 may use the link above to access the student information portal. Not much to see just yet. However, it would be great if parents can make sure their login works.
Kim Christofferson, President
Nezzera Tackett, Member
Erika Callegari, Member
Lyndse Bullard, Member
Tony Baldwin, Member