Google Drive, Part 1
Just the Basics: Creating Docs, Slides, Sheets, & a Bit More
Getting Started With the Basics in Google Drive
- How to log-in to Google Drive
- The various parts of Google Drive
- How to create documents, presentations and spreadsheets
- How to share documents with students and other staff members
- How to manage a Google Calendar
- How to manage files within Google Drive
- Creating and Using Groups within Google Drive
Google Drive vs Google Docs: Let's get it straight
Now, imagine that you leave home and your laptop/tablet is on the dining table next to your lunch and you forget both. You arrive at work all set to begin and everything you had planned is at home. Uh oh!
But that's not how it happens with Google Drive. You can access your Google Drive from any device, anywhere, at any time. Really. Whatever you have created or stored in your Google Drive can be accessed on your office computer, your iPad, your mobile phone. It's really hard to leave home without it.
Now, before we go on, just make a note that Google Docs -- well, they are IN Google Drive. They are Google's version of all those software applications you used to use.
Let's see how it all works now.
After this workshop, you can use the video below to review what we have discussed about Google Drive and Google Docs.
Google Drive Log-in Information
Your password will initially be
hjones32aisd OR arlingtonisd
You do not have rights to change your password. Your CTM or Tech Liaison can do it for you if you need to change it.