School of Saint Mary FYI
January 6, 2023
Notes from Mrs. Maricle
1. Cafeteria: Billing for first quarter volunteer hours will be submitted this month. The sign-up for second semester will be posted in Parentsquare next week. January is currently live.
2. MAP Assessments: All students in grades 1-8 will be taking the math and reading MAP assessment this month. Teachers and students have been working very hard so we are excited to see the growth in learning. Classroom teachers will communicate specific dates- please help us out by preparing your child/ren for testing with good sleep and a healthy breakfast.
3. Re-Enrollment: Re-Enrollment paperwork is coming home today. Please return as soon as possible so we can secure spots and plan for our Open House in February. We have quite a bit of interest in multiple grades already =0)
4. End of Quarter/Semester: Today is the last day of the second quarter grading period/first semester. Grades will be entered over the weekend and grade cards will come home for signatures next Thursday. If you have any grade concerns, please reach out to the teacher.
5. Hallow: A letter went home yesterday about our new Hallow program. I want to reiterate that this program is used for auditory learning and meditation. In the classrooms, it is equivalent to the teacher playing a CD with liturgical music or a saint story.
Guardian Gift Fund
We ended 2022 with a little over $65,000 to put towards the matching gift. THANK YOU for your gifts- we are excited to get started on the playground repairs and updates.
Please share the link to the fund homepage on your social media pages to help get the word out about our amazing Guardian Gift Fund.
We are fully integrated into ParentSquare now. All the teachers have been trained and I have asked them to put anything that they would use a mass class email for on parentsquare. Middle school will continue to use google classroom with the students but will also communicate via parentsquare so parents are in the loop for big things. I have enabled the chat message function so you can chat back and forth with a staff member or you can just continue corresponding through email if that is what you prefer. THANK YOU for your patience!
FLU season is STILL here! Please watch for symptoms and keep your child/ren home if they are not feeling well. We have some serious stomach viruses going around!
Here is a short synopsis of the newest edition of our COVID policy.
- Student is positive – Day 0 is the day the student tests positive (even if asymptomatic) or displays symptoms and Day 1 is the first full day of COVID.
- Parent/Student chooses not to test for early release: The student should isolate at home for 10 days.
- Testing options to return to school on day 8:
- 2 negative antigen tests (1st negative test on day 6, 2nd negative antigen test on day 8 and return to school)
- Negative PCR collected on day 6 and return to school on day 8
- School Exposure – Parents will be notified that there has been a positive case of COVID in the student’s class. No masking or quarantine is necessary, but parents should monitor their child for symptoms and keep them home and test for COVID if symptoms occur.
- Positive Case of COVID in the student’s house, but student is not ill: Student may still come to school, but must try to isolate from the person in the household who is positive and must mask at school for 5 days after the last contact with the positive family member. Day 0 would be the last day the student had contact with the positive family member and Day 1 would be the following day. Please note that the count will begin again if the student is re-exposed.
Ordering Portal Dates:
January Menu is uploaded and portal is OPEN for ordering!
Portal closes on 1/6 for orders for 1/9-13.
Portal closes on 1/13 for orders for 1/17-20.
Portal closes on 1/20 for orders for 1/23-27.
Portal closes on 1/27 for orders for 1/30-2/3.
There will be no orders listed on days that school is closed and when there is a Home and School prepaid pizza day.
I have created a video showing the steps on how to order as it would show on your screen as a parent. Here is the link: https://www.loom.com/share/cb49e8b4f12b4d43a79871b43541f1ed
Important School Reminders/Announcements
Outerwear: Christmas has brought all kinds of new clothing and shoes. Please make sure your child/ren come to school following the dress code. Joggers are NOT part of the dress code.
Catholic Schools Week is approaching at the end of the month. If you have a 4th-8th grader, please consider filling a Mass role on opening weekend. The sign-up is in Parentsquare.
Marian House System
Congratulations to the December challenge winner, House of La Salette. All students in the house will be receiving an out-of-uniform pass.
January's house challenge is academic effort. I hope to see record point totals this month!
The next house meeting/event will be during Catholic Schools Week.
After School Opportunities
PS Tippi Toes Program (Note: This is a parent pay program)
MOLTO: String Orchestra After School Program (Note: This is a parent pay program)
Grades: for students in Grades 5th-8th.
Mercy Rose, (918) 704-2631, Mercy’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Midtown School of Performing Arts has a theater class on Tuesday evenings. Caitlin is a St. Pius, Bishop Kelley, and OCU grad and she is our instructor for this musical theatre class called "Centre Stage". The class is geared for 1st-8th graders, boys and girls! Flyer attached to previous FYI's.
Tulsa Lacrosse: Please see attached flyer about Tulsa Area Lacrosse Opportunities.
Physical Campus Updates
January 6th: End of 2nd Quarter/First Semester
January 10th: Free Dress Day
January 12th: 3/4 grade field trip to OKC
Home and School Notes
- January Meeting: We will be meeting Monday, January 9th in the Library Media Center at 7pm. Please join us in person or virtually!
- Box Tops: Bonus box tops this month at Boxed.com. (https://www.boxed.com/brand/12/boxtops) Buy 6 eligible items and get $20 worth of box tops. We need 10 orders to meet this years goal.
Guardian Gift Cards Scrip Program
Scrip is a fundraising program for home and school and our families. We offer a 50/50 split once you have earned $50 on rebates. You can also always opt to donate 100% of your rebates back to the school.
Contact Michelle Walker for more information, email@example.com
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd: Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori based approach designed to help a child fall in love with God through scripture and liturgy. Registration is now open for ages 3-12 years old! For more information and how to register, please visit https://www.churchofsaintmary.com/catechesis-of-the-good-shepherd/.