By: Michelle Stukey
Explaining Fear in "Alone"
1. "My sorrow—I could not awaken" He is saying loneliness is his sorrow and he cant escape it.
2. "And all I lov’d—I lov’d alone—" He is saying anything he had ever loved he loved alone and he didn't have anyone to share his loves with.
3. "Then—in my childhood—in the dawn
Of a most stormy life—was drawn
From ev’ry depth of good and ill " He is saying here that his childhood wasn't good. It all seemed like a big storm to him.
Explaining Fear In Song
1. This is about a man who builds an emotional wall around him to block out the negatives.
2. He wants to leave but he cant.
3. He wants to talk to his loved ones.