Welcome Back Anderson Students!
Focus on What Matters
We hope you and your family had a terrific summer and we are looking forward to seeing you on August 30! We have missed you!
How are you getting ready?
- The first important thing is to read our handbook, linked below.
- Your schedule and case manager should be in your email. Check it out and let us know if you have questions!
- You and your families must complete the forms in Powerschool. These forms will allow us to know the best way to reach your family, allow you to get care from our nurse, visit therapy dogs, and be a part of our social media if you choose. If you don't remember your login, first try your email and forgot password. If you still cannot get into Powerschool, please contact Erin Fortune firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We recommend that you start getting into some good sleep habits, but that is up to you of course. Make a plan for getting up early when school starts.
- Pencils, a notebook and a folder will be all you really need to start the year.
- Remember we are here to help you, and love to see you succeed! Start with a positive mindset and if you aren't there, talk to us!
- Anderson School will be IN PERSON 5 days per week and there will no longer be a virtual option in our setting.
- Due to recent developments and the determinations from the Montgomery County Department of Health, masks are required at Anderson School to start the year.
- We will be doing the daily COVID survey again also, which students complete upon arrival like last year.
- Students are expected to be 3 feet apart in all areas of the building.
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home, and have a parent or guardian write a note - this will excuse the absence.
- Teachers will post activities from the school day online in googleclassroom. Students that are absent will be able to keep up with classes by visiting their teacher's classrooms. Students can communicate with their teachers directly for support.
- We ask that you include your vaccination status on the forms in Powerschool. If you do not answer this question, we will assume you are not vaccinated, which will impact quarantine status. See the COVID Exclusion Guide below, which schools are required to follow.
Please contact the school, Mrs. Raber or Nurse Quenzer email@example.com if you have any questions at all!
Anderson Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 30th, 5-7pm
This is an online event.
This event will start in Mrs. Raber's zoom room.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
What's NEW at Anderson School?
- We will have BRAND NEW textbooks for science and history! There will be online access for home, and the textbooks themselves at school.
- Seniors will be able to take Physics class.
- New Electives: Technology and Engineering, Creative Writing, and Media Arts will have video-making included.
- Please welcome Siani Leung, our newest teacher assistant!
- Students will have a personal chromebook at school, but we will not be sending it back and forth from home this year since we are 100% in person. We will be sending it home when we believe the student needs it at home.
- Check out our MTSS model, which is how we provide school-wide supports to students in the newsletter below.
- Family Conferences on November 2, 2021 - stay tuned!