Mr. Patterson's Website
Gardner Road Elementary School: PK-4th Grade Principal
Upcoming Events at Gardner Road
Friday, October 27th
Parent Teacher Conferences
Afternoon of Thursday, November 9th
All Day of Friday, November 17th
Veteran's Day Celebration
Monday, November 13, 2018
7:45 - 9:30
Veterans will be greeted by students, be provided coffee and doughnuts while listening to each grade perform a patriotic song.
Recent Gardner Road Photos #LearningatGR
Mr. Patterson's Educational Beliefs/Philosophy!
This section highlights some of my current thinking about education and learning in our school. I am honored to be part of such a great community where everyone is 'all in' for the best interest of our Golden Stars. Seeing each child take their educational journey step by step in their early years is such a reward and privilege. I look forward to working and learning alongside each and every parent, staff member, community member and of course each student. Here are some of my belief statements about learning in our school:
- I believe a balanced, hands-on, differentiated, rigorous and relevant learning curriculum is key to maximizing each child's learning and growth.
- I believe it is critical to embed inquiry, literacy, numeracy and technology intentionally and thoughtfully each day so each student is future ready.
- I believe students should be engaged in collaboration with peers, critically think to solve problems, explore creativity and communicate learning in a thoughtful and authentic way.
- I believe students learn best when they are part of a caring and positive learning environment that celebrates positive character.
- I believe it is essential to provide a safe learning environment within our school and beyond as digital citizens.
Growth Mindset at School & Home:
Character Education at Home & School
Specials at Gardner Road:
Our students go to at least one special each day and our cycle rotates on a 6-day cycle. Students will go to physical education two times, music two times, library one time, art one time and learning lab one time. Classroom teachers also utilize the computer lab and Makerspace as additional learning spaces in our school.
Art: Mr. Lamar
Learning Lab: Mr. Lamar & Mrs. Herforth
Library: Mrs. Herforth
Music: Mr. Hamilton
Physical Education: Mr. Monks