Welcome to Asheboro, NC
Located in Randolph County
Exactly Where You Want To Be
What Is There To Do In Asheboro?
- The North Carolina Zoo has over 1,100 animals from more than 250 species, primarily representing Africa and North America. The zoo is open 364 days a year and receives more than 700,000 visitors annually.
- Lay out on the shores of the beautiful Lake Reese or Lake Lucas and watch the sunrise.
- Rock out or watch the latest movies at the Sunset Theatre.
- Take some swings out at the Municipal Golf Course
The Government Of Asheboro
How does it work?
The City of Asheboro operates under a Council/Manager form of government. The Mayor and seven members of City Council are elected at large to serve four-year terms. The Mayor Pro Tempore is selected by and from the members of the council. The current Mayor is David Smith (pictured right)
Want to get involved?
Council Members may be contacted through City Hall at (336) 626-1201 ext. 213.
The City of Asheboro also relies on several citizen boards and commissions appointed by the City Council, including:
- Airport Authority
- Community Appearance Commission
- ABC Board
- Planning Board/Board of Adjustment
- Redevelopment Commission
- Retiree Attraction Committee
Government Of Randolph County
Randolph County has a commissioner/manager form of government. The five members of the Board of Commissioners are elected from districts, at-large, on a partisan basis and serve staggered four-year terms. Commissioners hold policy-making authority and are responsible for adopting the budget and hiring the manager. The county manager is responsible for implementing policies of the governing board, for overseeing the day-today operations of the government, and for appointing the heads of various departments. The county manager also functions as budget officer, ensuring fiscal compliance with the annual budget adopted by the Board. The current County Manager is Richard Wells (pictured right)