St. Michaels Middle/High School
- ATTENDANCE- Attendance matters! Please remember that the doors open for students at 7:35 and students MUST be in 1st period class by 7:45 or they will be marked late. 6 latenesses equals one day absent. Please remind your students who are driving that they need to leave themselves time to get through traffic in the morning and have enough time to park and enter the building. If your student is going to be absent, please email email@example.com. Students are only allowed 5 parent/guardian notes per semester. Doctors notes can be sent via email/fax or dropped off in the main office. Vacations need to be approved by me, Mrs. Vener PRIOR to it taking place. Please email me for approval. Only 5 days can be approved for vacation per school year. Communication is key in our attendance being as accurate as possible. We appreciate those who have already been in contact with us!
- FREE/REDUCED LUNCH-As previously stated in my August newsletter, breakfast/lunch are NOT free for all anymore. In order for students to receive free breakfast and lunch you must qualify. If you think you may qualify and have not completed the application, please do so at this link- English- https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application- Spanish- https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application. You can create a meal account at myschoolbucks.com. This is the fastest and easiest way to monitor your account and add funds when needed. Students can bring money or checks to school to put on their account. If cash is given, no change will be given.
- POWERSCHOOL-I strongly encourage those of you that do not have a powerschool account to create one. It provides access to your student's current transportation, fees, attendance, and grades through the internet. You will need the following information: The website location is: https://powerschool7.tcps.k12.md.us NEW users must choose the "Create Account" tab and contact your student's school counselor for student login information. *If you created a PowerSchool Parent Portal account for TCPS prior to this school year, do not attempt to create a new account. Please use the "Forgot Username or Password?" link on the log in page for assistance or email firstname.lastname@example.org.*** This is the best way to stay up to date on your students grades and progress in all of their classes. Please make sure we have an up to date email and phone number for your students.
- SENIOR PICTURE RE-TAKES- Senior retakes will be on September 23rd and they will offer Portraits AND Environmentals. You don't need an appointment code. Go to prestigeportraits.com and search for our school by location. Students/parents can email Ms. Kastel, email@example.com for more information. This is the last opportunity that will be given at SMMHS for the Class of 2023.
- UNDERCLASSMAN PICTURE DAY- Underclassman picture day is September 12th. Please see the forms attached in this newsletter for important information on how to order them. All students in grades 6-11 must be photographed in order to be in the yearbook.
- HOMECOMING-I wanted to get the dates out early so everyone can plan accordingly. Homecoming dance is for high school students and will be October 8th from 7-10pm in the cafeteria. Students must be attending school regularly (unless excused) and be in good standing to attend homecoming. Obligations need to be taken care of before tickets can be purchased. Students need to see Ms. Tina in the main office to pay obligations and set up a payment plan if necessary. See the link attached below for more information about homecoming.
- HERE COMES THE BUS- is up and running! Download the app is up or visit herecomesthebus.com! Our school code is 87314.
- SOCIAL MEDIA- Please follow us on social media to stay up to date. All links can be found below.
Thank you for your continued support. Looking forward to a great year!
9/6- Field hockey @ Queen Anne- 5:00
Soccer @ Pocomoke- 4:00
9/8- Golf @ Prospect Bay- 3:30
Field hockey @ Crisfield- 4:00
9/9- Soccer- HOME vs Cambridge- 5:30
9/12- Fall School pictures- all students must be photographed for the yearbook
Golf @ Hog Neck- 3:30
9/13- Field hockey- HOME vs North Caroline- 4:00
JV and Varsity Soccer HOME vs North Dorchester- 5:30/7:00
9/14- Golf @ Hog Neck- 3:30
9/15- Hispanic Heritage Month begins
Field hockey - HOME vs North Caroline-4:00
JV Soccer @ Easton- 4:00
9/19- Golf @ Hog Neck- 3:30
Field Hockey- HOME vs JMB- 4:00
9/20- JV and Varsity Soccer- HOME vs Mardela-4/5:30
9/22- Golf @ Chester RIver- 3:30
Field Hockey @ Kent- 4:00
JV and Varsity Soccer @ Kent Island- 4:00/5:30
9/23- Senior picture retake- Students MUST sign up for an appointment prestigeportraits.com
9/23- Interim 1 ends
9/26- Golf @ Queenstown- 3:30
9/27-Field Hockey @ Parkside- 4:00
JV and Varsity Soccer @ Colonel Richardson- 4:00/5:30
9/28- 7:00am- See you at the pole- sponsored by FCA
9/28- Golf @ Hog Neck- 3:30
9/29- Interim 1 emailed to families
9/30- Field Hockey @ SSPP- 5:30
Varsity Soccer @ Crisfield- 6:00
9/30- Early Dismissal for students-11:30- parent teacher conferences from 12-3.
10/4- Field Hockey- HOME vs Washington- 4:00
Varsity Soccer- HOME vs Kent- 5:30
Golf @ Hyatt- 3:30
10/6- Field Hockey- HOMECOMING game vs Kent Island-4:00
10/7- JV and Varsity Soccer HOME vs Snow Hill- HOMECOMING GAMES-4:00/6:00
10/8- Homecoming Dance- for high school students only