The Puma PawPrint
The Official Perry High School Newsletter- Week of August 30
Welcome to the Puma PawPrint! This weekly newsletter will share all of the exciting things happening on our campus, upcoming events, and things you, as our community, may want to know. So watch for our weekly updates every Monday!
Last Week in Review
Senior Sunrise Class of 2022
We are impressed, Mrs. Decristofaro!
Mrs. D was invited to teach an art class for the Vision Kids program through the City of Chandler in the Visions Art Gallery downtown. Mrs. D had to apply through a video clip and propose a lesson.
Vision Kids liked her Watercolor lesson, so they reached out and requested that she teach the lesson twice; once in English and once in Spanish.
The students ranged in age from 6-16 and were allowed to participate in the lesson for free. The Vision Art Gallery provided the art supplies needed.
The students who participated were phenomenal and did a great job during the Zoom lesson!
Happening this Week
Perry Youth Night
Perry Football supports the development of all youth programs in the CUSD community and invites ALL to come out and enjoy a fun night of football and experience a "Big Game" atmosphere.
PLEASE WEAR YOUR SCHOOL SHIRT
WHAT: Perry Youth Night, 9/2/21
TIME: 6:05 PM- Youth meet at the weight room patio, 7:00 PM- Kick-off
WHERE: Perry High School Field
WHO: All CUSD youth program participants.
ADMISSION: Free for all CUSD Youth Program participants with school shirt/team jersey. Parents/guardians WILL NEED TO PAY THEIR OWN ADMISSION of $5. Tickets must be purchased at www.gofan.com.
PHS Lil Puma Pom and Cheer Clinic
Come learn chants, stunts, jumps, perform a half-time dance, and cheer on the sidelines with your favorite PUMAS!
Who: Kids grades K-8th
When: Thursday, September 2nd, 2021
Where: PHS Main Gym
- 4 - 4:30 pm Check-In
- 4:30 - 6:30 pm Clinic
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm (Bring your own dinner. Packages for dinner must be disposable.)
- 7 - 8:30 pm Varsity Football game vs. Desert Vista Sideline and half-time performances! *Student pick-up will be after our half-time performance at the football stadium
Cost: $50 (shirt included) Please wear tennis shoes and your own shorts.
Space is limited!!
How to Register:
- Go to cusd80.com/CampsAndClinics
- Find our camp and enroll.
Online registration accepts debit/credit cards/checks/money orders.
If you need access to a computer, please visit:
CUSD Community Education
1525 W. Frye Rd.
Chandler, AZ 85224
No cash accepted, and no camp walk-ups will be admitted.
Questions? Please contact (email@example.com) Coach Tenneal Howard.
Pumas Supporting Our Community
Beginning Tuesday, August 24th through Tuesday, August 31st, students can donate items to their 1st period class in support of the Chandler Care Center. For every 5 items students bring in, they will be entered into a drawing to win a ticket to the Homecoming Dance.
Items most needed are:
- peanut butter
- tomato products
- dry beans
- rice (2lb bag or smaller)
- canned soups and chili
- personal care products (toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)
- Once on the website, search for Perry HS- Gilbert, AZ.
Click on the link below for specific game and event information, including rules, ticket prices, how to find schedules, and more.
CUSD CLEAR BAG POLICY
Please review the CUSD Clear Bag Policy below for more information.
OFFICIAL THEMES FOR THE 2021-22 FOOTBALL SEASON
Coming soon! The Puma Pride Award
Starting in September, each teacher will nominate a student who exhibits the spirit of the Puma Pride Award. Students who show pride in themselves, the school, or community, demonstrates Progress toward self-improvement academically, or in service to others while fulfilling their Purpose as responsible citizens. The winners will win lunch from Los Favoritos.
Important Information and Links
Chandler Unified Mitigation Plan- Update Related to Quarantine
August 20, 2021
Dear CUSD Families and Staff,
We are writing to inform you that the Maricopa County Department of Public Health has notified local school districts that they have the delegated authority to determine which contacts must be quarantined. This is outlined in the Arizona Revised Statutes Title 36, Chapter 6, Article 2 (36-624) and Arizona Administrative Code (R9-6-361)
Maricopa County Department of Public Health continues to follow CDC and Arizona Department of Public Health Services guidelines which defines close contact of a COVID-19 case as being any person within 6 feet for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more during a 24-hour period, regardless of whether masks were worn. Effective Wednesday, August 26, 2021 students who have close contact with an individual who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 and who are not fully vaccinated or have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days are to quarantine (stay home) for up to 10 days, per county mandate.
Students may shorten the duration of a quarantine in three ways:
Quarantine may end after 7 days if no symptoms have occurred and a documented negative result has been provided to the school. If choosing to return after seven days, the test sample must have been collected at least five days after exposure.
If your child has been fully vaccinated and you voluntarily submit proof to the school. If 14 days have passed since your second dose in a two-dose series (or two weeks after a single dose vaccine), you do not have to quarantine.
If your child previously tested positive for COVID-19 by PCR or antigen test, recovered and then completed his/her isolation period in the last 90 days.
As a safety measure please keep your child home if ill or shows Covid-19 symptoms. We continue to highly recommend face coverings as an additional layer of mitigation. For updates and continuous information, click here to view our mitigation plan in its entirety.
Thank you for your continued support.
No Cost COVID-19 Testing
NO COST COVID-19 TESTING
offered by the Maricopa County Department of Public Health
- NO COST-FREE
- RESULTS IN 15 MINUTES
- AVAILABLE FOR ALL - STUDENTS, TEACHERS & FAMILIES
Schedule for today, August 30:
Testing from 3 pm to 5 pm
On-site registration ends at 4:30 (30 minutes before testing ends).
Maricopa County-led COVID-19 testing will be held at:
- The testing event is being run by Maricopa County Department of Public Health. They require masks and social distancing on-site.
- The county is working to improve its procedures to meet the testing demand. Please come prepared for the sun and heat:
- Bring water and an umbrella for shade while waiting.
- After registering on-site and after your test, please wait in your car.
- You must be registered on-site 30 minutes before testing ends to receive a test.
Important things to know:
- Rapid Antigen COVID-19 testing will be available. Results are available in 15 minutes.
- If you have insurance, please bring your insurance card. If you do not have insurance, no problem -- either way your test will be administered at NO COST. COVID testing is free.
- Parental/Authorized Guardian waiver is required for individuals younger than 18.
RECORDATORIO: PRUEBAS DE COVID-19 SIN COSTO
ofrecido por el Departamento de Salud Pública del Condado de Maricopa
- SIN COSTO – GRATIS
- RESULTADOS EN 15 MINUTOS
- DISPONIBLE PARA TODOS: ESTUDIANTES, PROFESORES Y FAMILIAS
Programación para hoy, 30 de agosto:
Las pruebas estarán disponibles a partir de las 3 p.m. a las 5 p.m.
El registro en el lugar finaliza a las 4:30 (30 minutos antes de que finalice la prueba).
Las pruebas de COVID-19 dirigidas por el condado de Maricopa se llevarán a cabo en:
- El evento de prueba está a cargo del Departamento de Salud Pública del Condado de Maricopa. Requieren mascarillas y distanciamiento social en el lugar.
- El condado está trabajando para mejorar sus procedimientos para satisfacer la demanda de pruebas. Venga preparado para el sol y el calor:
- Traiga agua y una sombrilla para dar sombra mientras espera.
- Después de registrarse en el lugar y después de su prueba, espere en su carro.
- Debe estar registrado en el lugar 30 minutos antes de que finalice la prueba para recibir una prueba.
Cosas importantes que debes saber:
- Estará disponible la prueba rápida de antígeno COVID-19. Resultados disponibles en 15 minutos.
- Si tiene seguro, traiga su tarjeta de seguro. Si no tiene seguro, no hay problema; de cualquier manera, su examen se administrará SIN COSTO. La prueba de COVID es gratuita.
- Se requiere la exención de los padres / tutores autorizados para las personas menores de 18 años.
JOSTENS- Information for Juniors
Juniors - it's your time! Time for you to create your forever symbol and reminder of Perry High and you - who you are at this time in your life. Your class ring is something you will keep forever! Check out the videos and our website.
Jostens has redefined the class ring tradition for a new generation--your generation. Today, your Jostens Class ring is what you make of it, literally. You are in the driver's seat; it's yours to create.
Of course, you can always jump over to www.jostens.com to see even more and create your unique statement.
Packets with ordering information are available in the front office.
Many have been asking about letterman jackets. You will find these order forms inside the packet provided.
For more information:
Questions? Call 1-800-Jostens(1-800-567-8367)
PSAT Registration Information
- Registration is open for Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors
- PSAT cost is $20.00
- All payments are due by September 10, 2021
- October 26, 2021 (test date)
- Must be a Perry High School student
Registering for the PSAT is a 2 Step Process
Step 1: Register for ExamPSAT 2021-2022
Step 2: Pay for Exam on Infinite Campus through Parent Portal.
The Fee will be posted on your Infinite Campus account 24-48 hours after the student registers for the exam in Total Registration.
For questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Placement at Perry High
The Infinite Campus Portal allows students and parents to log in and access grades, class attendance, assignment information, and teacher-related messages. The portal is designed to increase communication with teachers, allow you to check progress, see what's due and when, and be more successful in school. Please click on the appropriate link below:
- How to create your CUSD Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account
- Instructions and login information for the Student Portal
- How to set up the Parent-Student Mobile App
- When logging into Infinite Campus, please click on the following link or contact your school for troubleshooting problems.