The Human Body Corporation
By: Jessica Hunter and Beth Fuller
Location and Discription...
Location: In the throat surrounding the Trachea.
Description: In a bow-tie or butterfly shape, about the size of two jointed cherries.
5 Facts about the Thyroid...
1. The Thyriod effects how entergetic you are.
2. The Thyriod sends out three important horemones- Tri-iddothyrionine (T3), Thyroxine (T4), and Calcitonin.
3. Forms your "Adam's Apple."
4. The Thyroid can lead to weight loss or weight gain.
5. Thyroid problems can also occur to any animal with a Thyroid.
5 Facts about the Endocrine System...
1. The Endocrine Department has no ducts.
2. Produces more than 30 horemones.
3. The Endocrine Department produces insulin.
4. The Pineal Gland helps with sleep.
5. The Endocrine Department controls metabolism.
What the Endocrine Department does...
One Other Organ...
One of my colleagues in the Endocrine Department is the Pineal Gland, who gives the blood melatonin, which helps the body sleep. Without the Pineal Gland, you would not be able to sleep as well as you usually do.