Mrs. Koenig's Class---August 31, 2015
News and reminders
- If you eat lunch with your child at school, only your child may eat with you on the stage. Other school children must remain seated at their lunch table.
- Be sure your student arrives on time in the mornings.
- Check O.W.L. folders EACH NIGHT! Important information comes home in these as well as behavior marking in the back.
- Kindergarten can be a messy place! Please keep a seasonal change of clothes (in a ziploc bag) in your child’s backpack at all times. Aside from many hands-on Kindergarten learning experiences that sometimes get messy, children sometimes go down wet slides, fall down in the mud, or spill their lunch in their lap.
- Don't forget to label your child's coat and sweaters, lunch boxes and water bottles. If your kiddo is missing something, let me know and I will let them go look for it in our lost and found...OUR CLASS CAN GET COLD..SEND A SWEATER PLEASE
- Check out the Cross Oaks PTA website at www.crossoakspta.org. Please join the PTA and help support our school. It would be great if our class had 100% PTA support! Joining the PTA only costs $10. You can download a membership form on their website or pick one up in the front office.
- Homework will begin the 2nd six weeks of school. Students will have a homework notebook with a short assignment as well as nightly reading homework.
What are we learning?
Sight Words: We are learning our friends names
Reading: Concepts About Print (CAP). How to hold a book; front cover, back cover, title; print goes from top to bottom, left to right.
Writer's Workshop: How to draw a character
Math: counting to 10 forward and backward (with and without objects), How to use Math Tools
Science/Social Studies: Authority Figures (home, school, community)
Special Areas Schedule
Please remember to wear tennis shoes on PE days.