PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
* * * * * * * * * * * * * ADMINISTRATIVE UPDATES * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 14, juniors will be taking the PSAT from 9-12:40, and seniors will follow their regular schedule.
Below is the schedule for October 14, 2015 PSAT:
0 hour will meet as usual. Then students will follow the schedule below:
Students Taking the PSAT
Report to assigned classroom by 8:55.
PSAT will last until 12:40.
All students taking the PSAT will then go to B lunch, to return by 1:33 to go to 5th period.
Follow regular schedule remainder of the day.
Students NOT Taking the PSAT
Follow regular schedule 0-3 periods.
If you have 4th period in Building A or B, go to A lunch.
Return by 12:36 to your 4th period class.
If you have 4th period C,D or E, go to class. Then you will have lunch at 12:42.
All students will follow regular scheduled periods 5-7.
HOMECOMING DRESS-UP DAYS
You are encouraged to dress up during Homecoming Week. A fun way to celebrate how PROUD we are to be WILDCATS!!
Mon: NO SCHOOL
Wed: DISNEY WORLD WED.
Thurs: THRIFT STORE THURS.
Fri: MUMS, GARTERS & MAROON OUT!
2015 HOMECOMING DANCE TICKET SALES
Tickets may be purchased all this week during following times:
- Tuesday – Thursday, Oct. 13th – 15th…during Both Lunches in the Cafeteria
- Friday, Oct. 16th…8-10am; Both Lunches & 3-4:30pm in the Cafeteria
Tickets are $20 each…cash or check. Tickets at the door will be $30 each. Remember the student purchasing the tickets must be a PSHS student.
2015 Homecoming Dance
Saturday, October 17th
CHOIR FALL CONCERT – POETRY & SONG
Please join us TONIGHT, Tuesday, Oct. 13th at Custer Road United Methodist Church, Plano. Show time is 7:30pm. Admission is free and open to the public.
Attendance Reminders – It is vital for students to be in school. Please remember these state guidelines
- Notes must be turned in within three days for makeup work to be allowed. Unexcused absences could result in zeroes on assignments.
- Beyond 10 absences, students must turn in doctor’s notes.
- Three tardies in a class equals an absence.
- Chronic absences will result in an intervention plan that may include loss of open campus lunch, Saturday Schools, and mandatory tutorials.
- Continued absences can result in loss of credit for a course and truancy being filed.
- Students absent more than 10 consecutive days will be withdrawn.
Please work with your sub school principal to avoid these difficult situations. Most importantly, be in school!
FROM THE REGISTRAR
UPDATED CLASS RANK AND GPA FOR SENIORS
MUST HAVE PICTURE ID
Do NOT come during class time – even if you do not have a class. Before and after school, passing periods and lunch only.
FROM THE NURSE
Allergy, Cold and Flu season is coming….
Per PISD policy these are the medical reasons for exclusion from school. Please remember the school clinic does not have any medications that we can give students. Medications can only be given to a student if the proper medication form is signed and the medicine is brought to the clinic from home. If the student is sent home from the clinic a note from the parent must be taken to sub-school for the absence to be excused. Below are the symptoms I am allowed to send students home from school with.
A student with any of the following symptoms will be excluded from
school until such time as the student is free of symptoms, has been satisfactorily treated or submits a signed physician’s statement that he/she is not contagious.
- Temperature of 100 degrees or more. Student must be fever free
for 24 hours, without medication, before re-entry.
- Pain and/or swelling at angle of jaw.
- Undetermined rash over any part of the body.
- Undiagnosed scaly patches on the body or scalp.
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Student must be symptom free for 24 hours without medication before re-entry.
- Red, draining eyes.
- Intense itching with signs and symptoms of secondary infection.
- Open, draining lesions.
*************************FROM THE COUNSELOR*******************************
COLLEGE INFORMATION SESSIONS
Who: Coast To Coast College Tour (Dartmouth; Northwestern; Princeton; Vanderbilt; Cal Berkeley)
When: October 19th @ 7:00 pm
Where: Dallas/Plano Marriott @ Legacy Town Center
7121 Bishop Road
Plano, TX 75024
Who: Centenary College of Louisiana
When: November 4th @ 6:00 pm
Where: Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
18349 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287
COLLEGE 101 SESSION, Saturday October 31,2015, from 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Get information on the admissions process:
v Financial Aid – FAFSA
v Choosing a Major
Register by October 24th at
DFW College Admissions Weekend Presented by Rob Franek , senior Vice President at The Princeton Review
What: Colleges That Create Futures
When: November 14th @ 10:00 am
Where: Courtyard Marriott
John Hammons Center
210 E. Stacy Rd. Allen, TX 75002
What: Finding Dream Colleges
When: November 15th @ 2:30 pm
Where: Grapevine Convention Center
Convention Center – Concord Ballroom
1209 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76051
*IMPORTANT* PISD STANDARD RESPONSE PROTOCOL
Parents: PLEASE READ the attachments from PISD safety and security about the Standard Response Protocol in case of an emergency. Thank you!
PLANO ISD INFOCENTER
Plano ISD has implemented InfoCenter, allowing you to better control how you receive communications from your school or district. The following is a guide to help you get started.
What is InfoCenter?: InfoCenter provides access to all the messages and information sent by your organization. Accessible from any internet-enabled device, InfoCenter visually displays and organizes alerts, notifications, and attachments for easy review and reference. InfoCenter also allows you to customize how you receive communications from PISD (campus and district).
How do I sign up for InfoCenter?: Signing up for InfoCenter is easy. Using the email address that you have on file for your district (emergency card), follow these three steps:
1. Download the InfoCenter by SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Market. You can also access the InfoCenter web portal at https://infocenter.schoolmessenger.com/
2. Click the "New User" button, enter your email address, and create a password. An email will be sent to that address with a secure token. Note: If you receive an "already claimed by another user account" error message that means you've already created a SchoolMessenger account via another SchoolMessenger product, such as Contact Manager. Simply follow the "Return to login" link and login. Use the "Forgot your password" link if needed.
3. After authenticating via the token sent to your email, return to InfoCenter and sign in using your email and password.
What's in InfoCenter?: Once you've created your account, the records associated with your email address will be linked automatically. You can then:
- View the records associated with your account.
- Review the last 30 days worth of messages for all your associated records.
- View your contact information, and configure how you'd like to receive notifications.
Important Things to Know:
- Regardless of how you choose to receive notifications, all messages associated with your records will be retained in the InfoCenter inbox for 30 days.
- You can opt into receiving Device Notifications (Push) under Notification Preferences. When choosing to receive Device Notifications, a badge or alert will appear when you receive new communications from Plano ISD.
Our provider, SchoolMessenger, makes the security and privacy of your data a top priority. As one of over 100 approved signatories to Student Privacy Pledge, you can feel ensured that your student's information is safe and will never be sold, rented or shared.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: