February 3, 2014
From the Principal...
Below are some items you can talk with your child about from Chapters 3, 4, and 5.
- Surely he had heard that sound before at the Drake Expedition movies. (a journey or voyage undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, esp. that of exploration, scientific research)
- Math question from Chapter 3:
- "Mister," he said, "you don't need no ventilating holes in that there door." (cause air to enter and circulate freely in (a room, building, etc.)
~You can tell a lot about a character by the way they speak- Did you notice the double negative?
Mr. Popper's Penguins
Spring Fundraiser Begins!
We will be selling beef sticks again. Parent permission forms will be sent home Monday, February 3rd. Proceeds will go to Southside Elementary and the purchase of more technology. With the Spring fundraiser last year, Southside was able to purchase 30 new Chromebooks that the students are using daily in the classroom. Please help support the fundraiser. Thank you for your time!
- Sell 1 box and attend an ice cream party
- Sell 2 boxes and attend a pizza party with pig races for a cash prize! 1st- $50 2nd- $20 and 3rd- $10
- Sell 3 boxes and be in a drawing for a 7" Android Tablet with WiFi
- Sell 4 boxes and be in a drawing for an Electric Scooter
- The Top Selling Students will receive a Kindle Fire HD or $150
**Families with multiple children attending Southside will be eligible for the Family Plan, which will allow you to combine boxes per family.
The After School "Benchmark Bash" tutoring sessions will be every Monday and Wednesday from 3:30 to 4:30.
Pick-up will be in the FRONT car loading area at 4:30.
If you have any questions about the After School "Benchmark Bash" tutoring sessions, please call Mrs. Bridges at 501-743-3567 or email at email@example.com
Sessions will be held on:
Please mark your calendar.
Feb. 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26
March 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19
Monday, February 17, 2014
SAVE THE DATE!!!!
Southside Elementary cordially invites you to attend our annual
Math, Science, Health & Literacy Family Night
Theme: Mr. Popper’s Penguins
When: Thursday, March 4, 2014 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Activity Building, & Grounds, Southside Elementary
Community Sponsors, Games, Make & Takes,
Information Booths, Drama, Food & Fun!!!
Each family should bring one small stuffed animal for participation
in our “teddy bear clinic.”
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Southside Nurse, Kim Phillips, at 501-743-3567 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2014-15 PreK registration packets are currently available at our Central Administrative Offices. Completed packets may be turned in beginning Saturday, March 1st at 8 a.m.
For more information visit cabotschools.org or contatct Eva Zweifel @ 843-3363.
Please remember our policy does not allow for charges. Send money for lunch with your child in a labeled envelope with their name on it.