Weekly updates for our Collins families.
November 11th, 2021
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the
Translate Newsletter button located in the black box or black circle to the right of your screen.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón
Traducir Boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro o circulo negro en la parte derecha de pantalla.
IMPORTANT: WATER BOTTLES
11/12: Pre-K & Kinder Field Trip
11/15: Health Screenings
11/17: Fall Family Fest @ Collins 5:00-6:30PM
11/22-11/26: Thanksgiving Break
11/29: Big Kahuna Fundraiser Ends
We are off to a great start with our Big Kahuna Fundraiser!!
Please continue to help us with this opportunity to support our school!
1. All students have received a brochure and packet to share with friends and family. Students collect payment for the brochure sales at the time of purchase (now). They will turn in this order form and the payment on November 29th.
2. Parents can also follow the instructions to register online using our SCHOOL CODE 3605 at www.bigkahunaprime.com in order to share a link to the online store via email or social media. This is a link to an online store with many other items so family and friends can order from anywhere! The payments for the online store are made online.
3. Anytime a student sells an item, they can turn in a coupon (signed by mom and dad) to the front office for a Big Kahuna brag tag and lanyard.
Our sale ends on Monday, November 29th. All products and prizes will be delivered Wednesday, December 15th.
School ID: 3605
What is our school raising funds for?
The profits of our sale will help to pay for student field trips, recess equipment, student leadership program and student and staff enrichment.
*If you are inquiring about a donation to our school, please contact Araceli.Mcbeth@dvisd.net
FALL FAMILY FESTIVAL
Join us for an evening of fun with Newton Collins teachers, staff, students and families at the Collins Fall Festival on Wednesday, November 17th from 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. There will be activities, crafts, photo booth, food trucks, school book fair and more!
Note: Meal vouchers are not required to make a purchase from the food trucks. If you would like to donate a meal from the food trucks for a Fall Fest attendee or if you would like to request a donated meal, please email Ms. McBeth at email@example.com.
Safety Measures: Due to COVID-19, the event is limited to Newton Collins families only. We ask that families bring only two adults per household. Masks are required.
Please click on the links below to view the Fall Festival flyer in English and Spanish.
PARKING FOR FALL FESTIVAL WILL BE ON THE ROADS AROUND COLLINS ON FINNIAL AND MOONBEAM DRIVE.
Next week, our nurse and DVISD Health Services staff will conduct health screenings as required by TEA. Students in all pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th will be screened for vision and hearing abnormalities5th grade girls will also undergo screening for spinal defects. Students in 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades will be screened for Type II Diabetes (acanthosis nigricans).
If you wish to not have your student screened please call the nurse's office prior to screenings at 512-386-3903
BOOK FAIR AT COLLINS!
Our book fair will be open for families to shop during our Fall Festival on Wednesday, November 17th from 5:00-6:30 pm.
Cash and credit card payments are accepted.
GREASE MUSICAL AT DVHS!
Please make sure you have your student's car tag displayed in your dashboard at pickup. If you need an additional car tag, please visit our front office and present your ID to be issued a new one.
- If you are going to change how your child goes home, please communicate this with the front office by 2:00PM
- If you are going to pick your child up from school before dismissal, please pick them up no later than 2:30PM. To ensure the safety of our students and that everyone gets home, we will not pull students from classrooms after 2:30PM.
- Parents are prohibited from pulling a student off the bus at dismissal.
- Students will be released during the school day only to persons listed in Skyward.
Substitute Teacher Opportunities at Collins!
Apply today to substitute on our campus!