Colorado Online Learning
Mme Barraza's Classes / Sra. Barraza's Classes - Spring 2015
Helpful Hints for Success in COL courses!
- Write in complete sentences always. This is how you learn language - by practicing it, so please do so....!
- Use the question to help you answer the question. Analyze the question. Generally questions will contain many of the same components that will go in the response.
- When you write with questions (which I absolutely do not mind), be specific. It helps me know how to respond to you best.
- Remember I can open .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf but have problems opening other file formats.
- I generally fight a lot to open Google docs so I do not accept them.
Spring break time....
Una iglesia en México....
This is a church we visited a few years ago on a mission trip in Mexico!
The gardens at Versailles
From our visit to Versailles, outside of Paris a few years ago.
We were stopped a few years ago right on the border and I was able to get a picture of a sign I had seen several times before but never up so close!
Meet Sra. Barraza
I have had the great experiences to travel in 14 foreign countries and in many of the states of the USA....still lots of places to see and lots of things to do!
I have a Master's degree in Instructional Design & Technology so naturally, these are also real passions for me.
I have enjoyed working with online students in the past and I look forward to working with you this semester in Spanish. I make myself available to students via the online message system in D2L (our LMS - Learning Management System), text or phone. It will be imperative that we work together closely to resolve any difficulties you all may have as we get going.
I teach French 1, 2 and 3 as well as Spanish 3 and 4 with COL.
Contact me when you have questions!
Work Daily for Best Success!
Reach out for help when you need it!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm new to online learning. What if I don't know how to navigate the website? Your local Site Coordinator is usually your first resource. He/she is typically versed in using D2L and can answer most "how to" questions. If they don't know, you can always call me after 4:00 pm for assistance. It is pretty easy to use once you get going.
- Is it OK to call you? Of course! That's what I'm here for! Don't forget that I do teach in a traditional school during the day, so if you call, please leave a message so I can return your call as soon as possible after school (same for a text).
- What if I'm having problems understanding concepts? Help is just a phone call away. You can contact me during regular office hours by phone, text, or message in D2L. I am also available by request. Just ask!
- How late is too late to call? Please do not call after 9:00 pm You may email or text at anytime, but see question #2.
- Can we use online translators? Absolutely not! The use of online translators is a form of plagiarism and students who use them will receive a grade of 0 for that assignment. Trust me, I will know.
- How can I be successful in this course? The most important thing you can do is ask questions early and often. If you don't understand something, you must ask me (or another student) for help. Another key to success is keeping pace. It is important that you work daily. It is the expectations that all students are submitting work daily.