Holy Name of Mary, Monday, December 16, 2019
We are in the home stretch! Just five short days until we can all get a few weeks of rest and relaxation. Thank you to all of you for putting in so much time and effort into all of the Christmas events that are happening this week. It is going to go by quickly and we are going to have lots of fun. Enjoy!
This week's Shout-Outs:
Shout out to Kelly for making sure my stragglers are supervised and get out at the end of the day when I need to go for bus duty!
- Sarah E
Shout out to Julie & Liz B. for organizing a fun Christmas party on Friday night!
Shout out please to Lucie and Jane who took my class for the day last week when I went home sick. They are rockstars!!
Many thanks to Liz and Julie for organizing staff Christmas party. IT WAS FUN!!!
Shout out in advance to Micheline and Laura who are covering for me on this coming Wednesday so that I can make it to my kids' Christmas concert! It's great to work with such supportive staff!
It seems that my thank you list gets longer every week! (Must be because we have such an awesome staff.)
- Thank you to Shannon, Sandy and Ron for putting together a beautiful Advent assembly last Monday. The kids read and sang SO well! It's always an amazing thing when the Kinders get up there and do such an awesome job. I was blown away!
- Shout-out to Jane and Liz B. for helping me to put together the group lists for the Christmas carolling. You gave up your free time on two mornings to help me get through it. Thank you so much for helping me to put all the siblings, cousins and friends together in groups. I only made about a dozen mistakes in the first draft. :)
- Shout-out to Erin for taking on the job of Teacher In Charge while Caroline and I were away at the Central Leaders Meeting last Thursday. It's a challenging job to do on your own, and you had an exceptionally difficult day. Thank you for your leadership!
- Thank you to the whole staff for working so hard to prepare the kids for their concert/carolling on Tuesday. Thank you so much to Sara Reid for volunteering to set up and work the lights and sound system for the Kindergarten performance.
- Thanks to all our teachers for being so cooperative about doing their Access Copyright "Christmas homework". We know this was the last thing you all needed just before holidays, and we really appreciate your help with getting it done.
- Thank you to Mary R and Erin and to all the classroom teachers who came to school early so many days these past few weeks for IPRC meetings. It is a huge undertaking to schedule them and to get them all done. Thank you for putting in such long hours and for committing to meeting with parents before school.
- Shout-out to Steve for convening a fantastic Junior Girls volleyball tournament last week and to all the staff who helped make it run smoothly. Thank you so much to Laura and Sarah E for coaching our Junior teams! You guys are awesome.
- Julie and Liz, thank you so much for organizing such a fun Christmas party on Friday night! It was great to get everyone together to relax and share some good food and good cheer.
- Thank you to everyone who volunteered to help download movies for Brigitte for our upcoming PJ/Movie Day on Friday! Every year it seems to be a monumental task, and this year is no exception with Netflix streaming no longer being available at school. Thank you to Brigitte for all your hard work organizing this event. It takes a village!!
- Bryanna and Steve, a huge shout-out to both of you for organizing the first ever Student vs Teacher hockey game this coming Thursday. I love that our new teachers are bringing us fun traditions from other schools that we can make our own (Dinosaur races at half time anyone??).
- Thank you to Shannon for all the extra time you have put into preparing the choir (and specifically our little "Breath of Heaven" soloists) for our final Mass before Christmas. And thank you for pushing me out of piano retirement after 25 years of not playing or performing! I've truly rediscovered my love of playing piano this past month and have had so much fun working with you and accompanying the kids.
- Shout-out to Katie for coming up with the awesome idea of stringing kindness Christmas lights throughout the school! I can't wait to see how it looks when we string them up today.
We are ready for Carolling in the Community on Tuesday, December 17th at 1:30pm.
We will have two more practices this week on Monday and Tuesday at 11:30am. Please remind students that they can bring Santa hats and jingle bells on Tuesday if they have them. Please note that you do not have to sing all the verses of the songs. If they are too difficult, you can just sing the first verse or two and repeat them.
On Tuesday afternoon, students will come in from recess and go to their regular afternoon classroom for attendance. We will then split up into our 10 groups (in your regular practice rooms) and walk or bus (Country Haven only) to each location. Each group should be ready to start singing at 1:30pm, so you need to plan your departure time accordingly. You can repeat the songs several times and will hopefully have enough material to sing for about a half an hour.
Great Stuff, Great Staff.
Shannon and Sandy's class did a fantastic job with their assembly for the second week of Advent. Their little ones read and sang so well, and it was so thoughtful of them to include Liam as a reader in their liturgy.
Lucie and Jillian have come up with a great plan for this little guy.
Look how proud he is of how well his week is going!
Our Juniors played really well at their volleyball tournaments last week! Thank you so much to Sarah and Laura for coaching and to Steve for convening the girls tournament!
Oliver hard at work colour-sorting beads with Tanya.
The Week Ahead
Monday, December 16, 2019
- Gym closed all day
- Erin away
- Lyne Gratton in all day (Marina Rigakis in to cover classes for teachers who need time with Lyne)
- Carolling practice at 11:30am
- Choir practice at church at 1:30pm (Shannon, Pascale and soloists only)
- Liz B away (Jackie Comeau)
Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- Gym closed all day
- Carolling practice at 11:30am
- KG Concert at 12:30pm
- Christmas Carolling in the Community at 1:30pm
Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- Andi away
- Lyne Gratton in all day
- December Mass (Darou)
Thursday, December 19, 2019
- Jillian's birthday!
- Liz R away (am only, Mara Harrison)
- Staff vs Student hockey game at 1:30pm, Almonte arena (hockey players and KG students will be bussed over).
Friday, December 20, 2019
- Pyjama Day
- Carolling in the gym after morning recess
- Movies in classrooms in the afternoon