May 2, 2016
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10
Staff Appreciation Luncheon
In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, the Staff Appreciation Committee is hosting the 4th Quarterly luncheon tomorrow, May 3, on Teacher Appreciation Day. The theme for the luncheon is Mexican Fiesta. Click the link to sign up to bring food or to help with set up or clean up http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4fa5a823a4f94-baked. If you cannot sign up, monetary donations are always welcome. Call or email Terri Boyd for any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-738-8568.
May The 4th Be With You
Mother's Day is this Sunday!
Don't forget to honor Mom this year. Come check out our Green Oaks School Store for Sugar Scrubs and other gifts for Mom on Mother's Day. We also have a great selection of Mother's Day cards. All proceeds of School Store go directly to Green Oaks.
Thank You Lockheed Volunteers!
- New handrail on our stage stairs
- New sinks in the GOS Boy's restroom
- Replaced stained and damaged ceiling tiles throughout both buildings
- Curb/Fire Lane painting in the carpool area
- Brush cleaned away from the back fence
- Pile of dirt moved off the walking track
No Graduation & Spring Fling this year
Green Oaks Summer Camp
GOAL Summer-Get Registered Today
Mark Your Calendars!
- Teacher Appreciation Week is May 2-6.
- The last Staff Appreciation Committee Luncheon for this school year is Tuesday, May 3.
- Staff Meeting-Delayed Afternoon Van Pool on Tuesday, May 3.
- GOAL Dessert Theatre Performance is Friday, May 20 at 6:30 pm.
- Last Day of School is Friday, May 27.
- Green Oaks will be closed the weeks of June 6 and July 4. GOAL will not operate these weeks.
- Green Oaks Summer Camp Week 1: June 20-24
- Green Oaks Summer Week 2: July 25-29
- Tentatively, our first day back to school for both GOS and GOAL is August 22.
"Our Special Heroes Golf Classic"
"Our Special Heroes Golf Classic". In addition to supporting ongoing programs for
DSPNT, proceeds from this year’s tournament will help support the fifth annual DSPNT “iCan Bike” camp.
The tournament is scheduled for June 6, 2016 at Texas Star Golf Course in Euless.
Registration will begin at 7:00 AM.
To sponsor or play, call the DSPNT at 817-390-2970 or email email@example.com.
In Our Prayers…
- Prayers for Ariel Galindo's grandma and Tobey Elliott, Haley's dad, for health concerns.
- Ongoing prayers for Nic Patterson and Adrian Martinez as they continue to fight leukemia.
- Praises we have both Nic and Adrian back part time.
We’d like to include your prayer concerns, too. Please call the office or submit them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green Oaks has a continual need for items (listed below). Green Oaks also continues to collect Box Tops, Labels for Education, and Coke Rewards. Please send these to school in a Ziploc bag.
White and color copy paper
Plastic forks, spoons, & knives
30 or 33 Gallon Trash Bags
White and color cardstock
These items are always needed and appreciated!