About the University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Students can obtain a major and an interdisciplinary honors degree in the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Science, Technology and Society
- Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law
Housing & Dining
- About 6,500 undergraduates and 5,500 graduates live on campus.
- 96% of undergraduates live in on-campus housing.
- 62% of housing eligible graduate students live on campus.
- They live in R&DE Student Housing.
- Dining if you live on campus is the Arrillaga Family Dining commons and the Lakeside Dining.
- Also, local restaurants if you want to eat somewhere else.
- 4 different meal plans