Ms. Higgins' Classroom Newsletter
Message from Ms. Higgins
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Next Friday, December 11 is Gingerbread Day in Kindergarten! We have started reading several versions of the classic story. We will be making our own Gingerbread Cookie and hoping he doesn't run away...
Holidays Around the World will be on Friday, December 18th from 9:00-11:00. We are still looking for a few more volunteers to help at centers. Please sign up on Shutterfly!
Have a great weekend!
Click the link to be directed to our class Twitter account! Don't have an account? Sign Up! Search for Ms. Higgins or @Mshiggskinder
This Week In Kindergarten...
Setting: Where the story takes place!
Characters: people, animals, creatures, and things
Problem: Something is Wrong
Solution: Fixes what is Wrong
As Readers, we read:
1. Star Books-Familiar Stories we read over and over again as a class. We look for characters in Star Books
2. Dessert Books-Books we love to look at :)
Letters Previously Taught:
Activities Completed in Class:
- Echo/Find Letters: Students need to find letters based on the letter sounds.
- Sky Write/Letter Formation: Students learn how to write the letters of the week
- Student Notebooks: Students practice writing the letters of the week with proper formation (remember letters fall from the sky just like rain :) )
- Word Sorts: Students complete picture/word sorts for the letters of the week.
- Word Play: Students learn about different structures of sentences. Now that we know some sentence tips we are working on putting them in the correct orders ourselves and self-checking!
Below is a video going through the FUNdation Letter Cards. Start practicing at home to learn the FUNdation lingo!