MST Magnet's Weekly White Tiger
The Place To Be in RISD!
MST Named a TEA Title 1 Reward School!!
A high-performing reward school is identified as a Title I school with distinctions based on reading and math performance, as well as the highest graduation rates at the high school level. For 2014-2015, TEA has identified 192 Texas campuses as high-performing.
A high-progress reward school is identified as a Title I school in the top 25 percent in annual improvement and/or a school in the top 25 percent of those demonstrating ability to close performance gaps (based on state accountability system safeguards in the 2013-2014 school year). For 2014-2015, TEA has identified 218 Texas campuses as high-progress.
MST is both high performing and high progress! On Thursday morning, along with Dr. Goodson, I accepted this award on your behalf. As I sat with Dr. Goodson, I talked to him about what an amazing group of educators you all truly are. You are passionate about what you do and your kids. You are innovative, dedicated, and it's evident that failure is not an option. You have genuine love for all students and want what's best for them no matter what it takes. Of course, Dr. Goodson agreed and added that it's also the little things that you all do that makes MST special. He mentioned your positive emails that you send and the energy that he feels from each of you. It could not have been a more proud moment!
Thank you for all that you do! Each and every one of you contributed to this recognition!
Parent Education Night
Upcoming Reminders for This Week
- Monday - Tutoring; Helena, Emily & Sabre at istation training from 8:00-9:00
- Tuesday- Individual Picture Day (Refer to Nancy's schedule); 5th grade (Barrett), 2nd grade, 4th grade & Kinder Purposeful Questioning planning
- Wednesday- Report Cards go home; Post lesson plans by 5:00 pm; 6th grade (Boone) and 1st grade Purposeful Questioning planning
- Thursday- Staff Meeting- GT Refresher; 3rd grade Purposeful Questioning planning
- Friday- 2:30 School-wide "20" Photo on the back field (see info below)
- Friday- Richardson High School Homecoming Parade 4:00 pm Feel free to stop by! Kate and I will have a group of MST students participating in the event!
- Red Folders-Please make sure that you have done your first update to the ELL tracking sheets!
20th Anniversary School Picture
On Friday at 2:30, we will be having everyone come outside on the back field for a school wide photo. We will form the number 20 to represent the 20 wonderful years of MST! Tim Clark is going to take some photos from the gym roof. We will be making an announcement to let you know when to start making your way outside. More detailed information to come!
Don't forget to sign up for a station!
Grade Level Meetings
Emily and I will be meeting with individual teachers in grade level meetings on Thursday and Friday. We will be discussing specific students, checking in on red folders and student progress, and lesson plans. The schedule will come soon!
20th Anniversary School Picture
Istation Coming Very Soon!
The most important thing we are facing in regards to Istation currently is using it for testing our students and ensuring that all students are tested by the end of next week. ISIP is the name of the assessment through Istation. I will send out a separate email to let you know how each grade level will be tested next week. Please be on the lookout for this email as it will contain very important testing information.
I am excited about this change and believe that Istation will meet the needs of our students!
- Sara Larkin for helping with planning and organizing for the first assembly!
- Amanda McLeroy and Tanya Camacho for working hard analyzing their students' writing samples and having one on one conferences with them to provide feedback!
- Stephanie Yeager & all staff who helped to make Parent Education night a success!
- Sabre Tice for having a positive attitude about IStation training and being ready to support the process AND for saving the day with technology at our training!
- Nicole Wilson for doing WHATEVER it takes for her kids and having a smile on her face when doing it!
- Chris Gilley and Kandi Patak for following all safety procedures and doing an AWESOME job supporting a student who fell on the playground last week. Nurse Kim would have been proud!! :)
Claudia Graf is prepared!
Check out Claudia's "Sub Tub!" She has everything a sub would need on this cart. Thanks for being so organized, Claudia! :)
Remember to take the time to think about what makes you HAPPY this week!
Celebrate 1st Six Weeks!
Thank you to everyone who came out to dance with us and celebrated the first six weeks! The kids were all smiles! We know things have been busy with FOCUS and making sure all grades are in, so thank you for getting your dance on! :)
Claudia Graf is prepared!
News From Content Departments
Math Staff Development
6th Grade - October 5 Adding & Subtracting Integers #1905321601 4:30-5:30
1st Grade - October 5 Addition/Subtraction Fact Strategies #2905761602 4:00-6:00
3rd Grade - October 6 Mixed Operations #2905781601 4:30-5:30
1st Grade - October 8 Addition/Subtraction Fact Strategies #2905761601 4:00-6:00
The following sessions have been cancelled. Teachers will get the information on DWD October 12.
2nd Grade - October 7 Addition & Subtraction
5th Grade - October 14 Decimals Operation
6th Grade - October 19 Multiplying & Dividing Integers & Order of Operations
End of Unit Assessments - Grades 3-6 have End of Unit assessments that will be scanned on your campus. For science, these tests should be able to be given during a full science class period. However, please have a plan for students needing a little extra time to finish. There is a “window” of when testing should occur, as well as a deadline for scanning. Teachers have already been sent this information. See below for details. (FYI - Grades K-2 also have end of unit assessments, but we are not asking that these be scanned.)
District Assessment Calendar Update
To meet legislative requirements, the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR®) grades 4 and 7 writing assessments will be redesigned so they can be completed in one four-hour administration. The grades 4 and 7 writing assessments will be administered on Tuesday, March 29, 2016.
RISD SICK LEAVE BANK ENROLLMENT FOR 2015-2016
Please share with your staff that in the next few days, information about the RISD Sick Leave Bank Enrollment for 2015-16 will be arriving at all RISD locations.
If they have not already done so in past years, employees may join the RISD Sick Leave Bank from October 7th to October 30th this year. Eligible employees (working at least 75% of the day) may become a member of the Sick Leave Bank by donating 3 days from their accrued balance of Local Days. If someone is already a member, it is NOT necessary to donate days again.
For more information on the RISD Sick Leave Bank you can visit Edline. The RISD Sick Leave Bank Handbook is located under “Miscellaneous Documents and Forms”.
New employees working at least 75% of the day, MUST complete a form indicating whether they want to join or not.
Prior employees working at least 75% of the day, MAY complete a form indicating their desire to join the RISD Sick Leave Bank during this enrollment time.