L3 Speaking Assignment Due
- Today you will submit your L3 Speaking Assignment.
- Submit your survey response (below) for NCVPS Digital Learning Day.
- Tuesday/Thursday coaching students will go to coaching today.
- If you missed one of your regularly scheduled coaching sessions this week, attend any coaching session held today to make it up. You must go to 2 sessions each week. Check the schedule for a time you can attend.
Note when you go to coaching, who your coach is, and the phone number/access code for your coach's classroom
Speaking Assignment Due Today
Today you will need to submit your Lesson 3 speaking assignment.
At this point, you and your partner should have already communicated each other's answers to those 5 questions from earlier this week. (See Tuesday's announcement if you need a refresher.)
Today you will submit a recording of yourself talking about your partner's answers to those 5 questions.
For example, the sentence I might record if I asked Takeshi-san question #1 would be: たけしさん は まいにち さんじかん べんきょう します。
Please only submit YOUR audio recording for this assignment in MP3 or .wav format. You can record for free at vocaroo.com
Please do not submit multiple separate files with one sentence in each file. This takes a lot longer to prepare and submit your assignment. Save time and keep it simple. :)
Before submitting your assignment, look carefully at the grading rubric and be sure you can answer YES to all of the questions listed there. Rubrics help you maximize your points for each assignment.
ACTION REQUIRED! Please submit your response for the NCVPS Digital Learning Day survey:
How Many Weeks?
Check out these examples below:
はっしゅうかん にほん に いきました。 I went to Japan for 8 weeks.
ふゆやすみ は にしゅうかん です。 Winter vacation is two weeks long.
いっしゅうかん すし を まいにち たべました。 I ate sushi every day for 1 week.
なつやすみ は なんしゅうかん です か。 How many weeks is summer vacation?
Listen to Blake D. read the 5 sentences in Part 1 of this week's speaking assignment. Thanks for your submission Blake! Nice job! :)
Student Spotlight - Marilyn L.
Meet Marilyn L.!
- My favorite thing about Japan/Japanese Culture: What I like most about Japanese culture is how proper they live their lives everybody has their own role to play in society, for example how the students are very independent.
- My favorite book: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
- My favorite musical artist: Coldplay
- My favorite ice cream flavor: chocolate
- On a Friday night I'm usually: During the school year in the fall I am part of the marching band so we play at football games, and during the spring I am on the girls soccer team so I'm either at a game or at practice, but during the summer I am with my friends.
- The 5 things I can't live without: I could not live without candy I have to have candy in my life favorably chocolate, music I am constantly listening to music, my family and my five best friends Vasti, Joy, Abie, Kevin, and Marcos.
- Why I'm taking Japanese 2: The first reason why I am taking this course is to get into a four your college, but I am also taking this course because from watching anime I became very interested in learning how to speak and read Japanese.