The Outstanding Three
Joan of Arc, KIng John, and William the Conqueror
Joan of Arc
She participated in the 100 years war and the Battle of Orleans. She lead a group of men when she was fifteen years old. She heard many voices and saw many visions. One crime that got her killed was wearing pants. Her last words before she died was "Jesus, Jesus"
- Helped Charles VII become King of France
- She decided when the soldiers would attack
- She proved that women can do anything they put their mind to
King John was born on December 24, 1167, in Oxford, United Kingdom. Before becoming king, he was called John Lackland. He was a very mean, uncaring, evil, insensitive, and unworthy man. He died on October 19, 1216, in Newark, United Kingdom.
King John was a very maniacal man. He tried to kill his parents and his nephew. While he was King powerful nobles joined against him. To stop this he accepted the Magna Carta and had to follow the laws like his subject. He said " If I don't accept the Magna Carta someone would kill him".
- He had to choose whether or not to accept the Magna Carta
- He married Isabella of Angoulême in 1200
- Earned future protection from the pope
- Later satisfied his citizens by accepting the Magna Carta
William the Conqueror
- Became one of the most important political and military leaders
- He established a strong monarchy
- He made sure that he had supreme power