Week of August 29 through September 2, 2016
What's Going On?
- Congratulations to Grace Schwartz for winning 1st place in the Spring Carnival poster contest!!! We are proud of you!!!
- May 24: Puberty Talk (A form was sent via email and a hard copy will be given to your child next week.)
- May 24: Potential visit from middle schoolers and teachers. (We are still planning this. More information will be provided soon.)
- May 25 - 27: Space Camp
- May 31: Field Day 10 - 11:30 on the NBH Softball Field behind the gym. **Please send in Field Day shirt money as soon as possible!*
- June 1: 4th Quarter Incentive *This is a FREE incentive. Permission slips will be sent home soon!*
- June 2: Completion Ceremony at 8:00 am. Students are to wear their Buccaneer Blue polo and uniform bottoms. ALL 5th graders MUST be picked up immediately following the ceremony per Mr. McLaughlin.
ELA / Reading
Spelling: No Spelling!!!
Wonders Reading Complete Unit 4 Week 4 (Test Thursday).
Skills and strategies for Unit 4 Week 4 can be located in the Reading/Writing Workshop (pp. 276-287), Literature Anthology book (pp. 320-337), and the Your Turn Practice Book (pp.181-187). These resources can be accessed on the Connected website. (**See Below)
Comprehension Strategy: Summarize
Comprehension Skill: Author's Point of View
Genre: Informational Text
Vocabulary Strategy: Context Clues (Definitions/Restatements)
Spelling Test-NO TEST!!!
Unit 4 Week 4 Cold Read-Thursday