PCHS & PCMS "Eagle UPDATE"
July 28, 2020
A Message From the Principal
My name is Shannon Holden, and I am the Principal of Pierce City High School & Middle School. Our staff has been working all summer long to prepare for the most important school year in the history of our district.
We are excited to get back to the important task of educating your student - but we also respect the risks associated with gathering approximately 400 students, faculty, and staff in the building. We are going to try to follow county, state, and federal health guidelines as much as possible.
Future newsletters will describe our plan in greater detail, but I would like to inform you about a few of the overarching themes of our "Back to School" Plan:
1. Details of the plan could change quickly, and without warning.
2. I realize that the response to this pandemic has become highly politicized - one group of parents will be concerned that we have not put enough safeguards in place, and one group of parents will be concerned that we have put too many ridiculous safeguards in place.
3. We will conduct "in-person" school as long as we can, as safely as we can. If we are instructed to shut our doors by state and/or local officials, we have a distance learning plan in place.
4. We respect the rights of parents to opt out of "in-person" learning, and have created an "online" option for parents who choose to keep their student at home.
5. We are going to keep a positive attitude! We are going to make the best of a bad situation.
6. We are going to listen to our stakeholders, adjust our approach when feasible, and communicate as much as possible.
Here's to a GREAT 2020-2021 School Year! Drop me a line at email@example.com if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
COVID-19 School Re-Entry Task Force
Parents Can Choose "In-Person" or "Online" Learning For Their Student
Student Schedules are Taking Shape!
Seniors: Wednesday, August 5th @ noon
Juniors: Wednesday, August 5th @ 2 pm
Sophomores: Thursday, August 6th @ 10 am
Freshmen: Thursday, August 6th @ noon
**Returning students who bring $20 for their Chromebook can pick up their device while here!**
Middle School schedules are far less complicated, and can be completed via email. Counselor Courtney Garner can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and Principal Shannon Holden can be reached at email@example.com
School Supply Lists - 2020-2021 School Year
(2) pkgs wide-ruled loose leaf paper
(1) wide-ruled composition notebooks
(1) pocket folders w/ brads
(2) chisel-tip Expo markers (black or blue)
(2) pkgs pencils
(3) glue sticks
(1) 10-pk markers
(1) 24-pk colored pencils
(1) pair scissors
(1) zip-up pencil pouch
(1) large binder (preferably zip-up)
(1) pair headphones/earbuds
(2) boxes tissues (girls only)
(1) bottle hand sanitizer (boys only)
7th & 8th Grade
Spiral Notebook-1 Subject
2” 3-ring binder
8 pack of Notebook Divider tabs
Loose leaf paper
Pair of headphones/earbuds
2 red pens
Casio FX-300ES Plus Scientific Calculator
Additional item for Algebra 1 only:
(1) pkg of loose leaf Graphing Paper
Red and Blue Pen
3 ring binder or 3 tab folder
Loose leaf paper or Spiral notebook
#2 pencils ( no mechanical)
Handheld pencil sharpener
Black Sharpie (small and large)
Loose leaf paper, notebook
Mr. Hicks - Alg I, Alg II, Pre-Alg
3 ring binder (1 inch), graph paper, scientific calculator
Mrs. Parrigon - Eng II, Eng IV, Coll Eng
pocket folder, colored pencils, 4x6 index cards
Mr. Frey- Alg I, Geometry, Trig/Calc
scientific calculator, dry erase markers, 3 ring binder. Geometry only: compass, protractor
Ms. Ziler- Eng I, Eng III, and Composition
Eng I and Eng III - pocket folder, notebook
Mrs. Frey- Biology, Environmental Science, Earth Science, and A&P
Composition notebook, pocket folder
Mr. Ward- American History, Government
3 ring binder (1 ½ inch)
Ms. Pry- Physical Science, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry
Composition notebook, 3-ring binder, calculator, loose-leaf paper
**Other materials may be requested after school begins based on changing situations or needs.