Benninghoven Family Newsletter
February 5, 2021
Vision: A place where everyone pursues their greatness.
Mission: A community coming together for our kids.
Dates to Remember:
10: Trailridge Parent Q&A Night for 6th grade families 6:30-7:30 PM (see details below)
12: PTA Staff Appreciation
15: President's Day, No School
16: No School, Teacher Professional Learning Day, PreK/ K online enrollment begins for 21-22
24: PTA Virtual Bingo Night!
Follow us on Twitter @BHknights512
Find us using #uKnighted512 & #BHSticksTogether
From the Principal
We have had a ton of fun celebrating our Chiefs with our spirit days this week. Students and staff really shared their creativity and passion for our hometown team. In the upcoming weeks we will start to plan for next school year with enrollment for our 6th graders going to middle school, and our incoming PreK and Kindergarten Knights. You can find more information about the transition to middle school in this newsletter, and next week we will share more information about PreK/ Kindergarten enrollment.
Another key piece of information in this week's newsletter is an update on our remote learning day plans in the event of winter weather. We hope that having these details ahead of time will help your family to plan for a virtual learning day.
Have a wonderful weekend, stay warm, and enjoy cheering for our Chiefs!
Specials This Month
On Site Procedures
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications
Important Health Info for Reference
7th Grade Enrollment
Welcome future wildcat parents! Enrollment time is here and we have prepared several resources to guide you through the process. Your student’s teacher has a canvas module that they can share with you and we’ve also sent them a one page guide to the enrollment process for parents. As you navigate this process, don’t hesitate to call Kristin Warner, next year’s 7th grade counselor, with any questions.
As you will note on the one page guide, we will be hosting a Q&A night on Feb. 10 from 6:30-7:30 PM when our administrators will be available to answer any questions you may have regarding enrollment or the middle school experience in general. There is a link to a google form so that you can submit questions ahead of time if you choose.
We’re excited to have your student at Trailridge next year!
Remote Snow Day Procedures
In order to increase consistency and support families who might be juggling multiple schedules while learning at home, we have created some common Benninghoven expectations for remote snow days. Here is the schedule all grade levels will follow on these remote days:
8:10 Live Session: Attendance, Morning Meeting, Reading Instruction
9:00- 12:30 Special Education and Intervention Services as needed. If not applicable, Specials (Art, Music, Library PE) and other work can be completed during this time.
12:30- 1:00 Lunch
1:00 Live Session: Attendance, Math Instruction
2:00- 3:10 Special Education and Intervention Services as needed. If not applicable, Specials (Art, Music, Library PE) and other work can be completed during this time.
Please notice that attendance will be taken on remote days during the two live sessions. Attendance on remote days is required and typical attendance policies will apply. Also, regardless of which specials class (Art, Music, PE, Library) classes have that week, all students will use the specials choice board on a remote learning day.
Virtual Bingo Details
Benninghoven PTA is sponsoring a free Virtual Family BINGO Night hosted by KC Crew on February 24th 6:30 – 7:30pm. This will be a fun virtual Zoom event for kids and adults with a little trivia and real prizes! Contact Jessica Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org questions.
How it works:
- Sign up using this link https://benninghovenbingonight.eventbrite.com
- Event Registration will cap at 250 players
- We'll play 4-6 Rounds of Bingo
- After you sign up, KC Crew will email you your Bingo Card pack and the link to join the Livestream.
- Mark your BINGO cards when numbers are called - just as usual.
- Answer trivia questions!
- Win prizes!
· Q: I have multiple people who would like to play, how should I register?
- A: You should register a ticket for each person who would like to receive a bingo card.
· Q: How do I play my bingo card?
- A: The cards are interactive so you can play directly on a device. If you'd prefer, you will have the option to print your cards!
· Q: When will we receive our bingo cards?
- A: They will be emailed to you the day of the event. That email will come from email@example.com.
· Q: How do I know what Zoom meeting to join for the event?
- A: KC Crew will send you the Zoom link the day of the event.
· Q: What device should I play on?
- A: If you have a computer, that is preferred. You may want to download Zoom ahead of the event. If you don't have a computer, you can play on a tablet or phone.
· Q: If there are multiple people playing in one house, should we all join the Zoom event with separate devices?
- A: No, you don't have to. Everyone can join on the same device and play their own card separately. If you'd like to join the Zoom with different devices you can
PTA News & Notes
Please visit our PTA website today, www.benninghovenpta.org, to stay up to date on all of the latest PTA info! You will also find links and information on the following:
- Joining PTA – It’s never been easier! Memberships are just $9 and you can join online through Memberhub.
- Staff Appreciation – Help us show our faculty and staff how much we appreciate them! This year in lieu of food items we are collecting monetary donations for staff appreciation activities.
- Volunteer Opportunities – We are always looking for volunteers and couldn’t do what we do without your support! Check out our Committee sign ups and let us know where you can help.
2020 Spiritwear is here with hundreds of apparel choices and over a dozen NEW Benninghoven Knights designs to choose from! Order direct any time throughout the year and orders will be processed as they're received and shipped straight to your home. There will be a different promotion offered each month. Shipping is always free on orders of $50+! Info is posted on the PTA website, or click the link here to go straight to our online spiritwear shop.