Recontextualizing Plato's Cave
Task One: Analysis of Student Movies
1. What key film techniques were used to shape an aesthetic?
2. Does the position made about education differ or support Plato's argument?
3. How does the sequencing in the narrative compare or differ with Plato's narrative (five scenes)?
Task Two: Outline
1. What film technique do you want to use or focus on in your retelling of the story?
2. What theme or larger idea around education do you want to focus on in your narrative?
3. How does your theme or larger idea connect to the original story? I.e, how will your re-telling compare or differ from the original story?
See Examples of Concept Pitch:
Romeo and Juliet (copy and paste link).
Within your presentation, please include the following:
1. Film Technique or Techniques you will be using.
2. A theme or larger idea related to education.
3. How your story differs from the original telling (and why should we care).
When finished, share your presentation in the discussion thread for Task Two.