Rights and Responsibilities
Grade 10 Civics
- The right to protection by the law
- Everyone has the right not to be arbitrarily detained or imprisoned
- You have the responsibility to obey the law
- You have the responsibility to be informed without unreasonable delay of the specific offence
- The right to vote in an election
- Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter remain in and leave Canada
- Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right to move and gain livelihood
- Everyone has the right on arrest or detention
- Any person charged with an offence has the right to be tried within a reasonable time .
- The responsibility to retain and instruct counsel without delay and to be informed of that right.
- The responsibility to not be compelled to be a witness in proceedings against that person in respect of the offence