MCCHS FRIDAY FOCUS
205th EDITION: October 15, 2021
From the Desk of Mr. Brad Williams
Today marks the end of the first quarter of the 2021-2022 Marian Central Academic year. As a community, we have completed an entire grading period of in person learning, reconstituted our clubs and extracurriculars, engaged in a season of fall sports and shared a successful week of homecoming activities. Homecoming included dress themes, a pep rally, a homecoming parade, a Friday night football game and a homecoming dance. The energy and positivity in the school seemed tangible.
The oddity of the 2020-2021 school year caused me, at least, to hazily remember the fullness of a normal school year. The action and vibrancy that comes from the full student body, co-curriculars, athletics and school spirit is a wonderful element of working in a school. At times it can be overwhelming and stressful. It is hard to keep pace with the constant change and surging energy. But, the most important component of the school is the students—sharing the experience as they learn from each other, engage with one another and share a sense of school community is an irreplaceable reward. At times when the stress of the events is tough, I always find solace and joy in seeing the fun shared among our students.
With all this in mind, these functions are not possible without an earnest faculty, a committed staff, an administration working to put students first, and a supportive parent community. I personally thank everyone for contributing to our first quarter of the school year and encourage you to take a moment to reflect on the successes and positivity we have all contributed to so far this year.
The beginning of the second quarter is an academic fresh start as we approach the transition from fall to winter. Academically, it’s a time for students to reflect on the start of the year. This is something I encourage among my students in class every year. If the first quarter went well, appreciate the accomplishment and continue to practice what works. If there is room for improvement, confront those facts with honesty and integrity to improve moving forward. The faculty, staff and administration of Marian Central are here to support you, however we can.
Mr. Brad Williams
Parents' Association Meeting
Monday, Oct. 18th, 7pm
1005 McHenry Avenue, Woodstock, Marian Central Annex
Seniors - Order Your Cap & Gown by November 2nd
A representative from Jostens will be at Marian during lunches on Tuesday, October 19th to collect orders for caps and gowns and other Graduation products. Orders can also be placed online by visiting www.jostens.com. All students must provide their height and weight to order the cap and gown.
All orders must be placed by November 2nd. If you are only ordering a cap and gown, there is no money due.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. DiSilvio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Sports Registration
IT'S TIME TO REGISTER FOR WINTER SPORTS!
Check out the athletics website (Marian Central Catholic HS | Home (8to18.com) to register for winter sports.
Please click here for step-by-step guidance for registering your student-athlete. Thank you!
Senior Portraits - Select Your Favorite by November 15th
We are excited to share the Senior Portraits with you! Please read the following important information to help you view and order your student's images. Note that November 15 is the deadline to select the image you'd like us to use in the yearbook AND to place an order with the best pricing!
1. View Your Student's Portrait Proofs
- Go to https://vickylongphotography.com/marian
- Scroll to the Class of 2022 Senior Portraits & click Enter Gallery
- Enter your email address
- Find your senior's album by Last Name and use his/her four-digit birth month and day as the password. (I.E. April 5 would be 0405.)
2. Select the Yearbook Photo by 11/15/21
- To select the image you'd like us to use in the yearbook, click the Star/Favorite icon at the bottom of ONE image.
- This is also the image that will be used on the large class composite that will hang in the halls of Marian! (Copies of the composite will also be available to purchase in the Spring of 2022.)
3.Order Digital Files, Prints and More by 11/15/21
- We recommend you complete the ordering process from a computer (vs a phone)!
- Click the image you'd like to order and then the Buy Photo button in the upper right corner.
- Choose from Packages (bundled savings) and Items (a la carte prints, digital files and more!) New this year, all yearbook selections and purchased images will include our White Glove Touch-Up Services. You do not need to add this to your Senior Portrait orders!
- Digital files will be emailed to you. Prints will be mailed to the address included on the order. Please allow additional processing time for us to complete the White Glove Touch Ups. :)
4. Use Your PrePay Credit!
- If you purchased a PrePay Credit, enter your senior's four-digit birth month and day in the PROMO CODE field during checkout.
- This will automatically apply the $40 credit and discounted shipping to your order.
If you missed Picture Day or would like to schedule a retake, please contact the School Office to schedule a make-up photo during the School Picture Day on November 2. Private retakes are also available in our Woodstock Studio and will require a PrePay Credit. Please contact us to arrange a private retake.
We hope you love your senior's portraits! If you have any questions or future photography needs, please contact Vicky at email@example.com or 815.307.0974 or Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815.353.1577.
Food Drive Tonight
At last week’s football games, we collected over 50 pounds of food for the Woodstock food pantry. Thank you for your generous donations! Key club will be hosting another food drive at tonight’s football games. Boxes for donations will be at the entrance to the field. Let’s try and beat last week's total at tonight’s games!
Next Week's College Visits in Guidance
All juniors and seniors may attend these visits. Students must receive permission from their teachers to attend each visit and must sign up for all visits in SCOIR.
Monday 10/18: University of Notre Dame-1st Period, St. Norbert College-3rd Period, University of Pittsburgh-7th Period
Tuesday 10/19: Michigan State University-3rd Period, Indiana University Bloomington-7th Period, Carroll University-8th Period
Wednesday 10/20: Illinois College-3rd Period, University of Memphis-8th Period
Thursday 10/21: Valparaiso University-1st Period, College of St. Benedict/St. John's University-8th Period
Next Week's Calendar
Friday, October 22nd: No Classes; Conferences 8:00 am - 1:00 pm