Sports Medicine Physician
By: Dominic Trifilo
What They Do
- Take a patient's medical history.
- Update charts and patient information to show current findings and treatments.
- Order tests for nurses or other healthcare staff to perform.
- Review test results to identify any abnormal findings.
- Recommend and design a plan of treatment.
- Address concerns or answer questions that patients have about their health and well-being.
- Help patients take care of their health by discussing topics such as proper nutrition and hygiene.
How to Become One
- Must have doctoral degree.
- Must take 4 years of undergraduate school.
- Must take 4 years of medical school.
- Must have 3 to 8 years of internship and residency.
How Much They Get Paid in Georgia
- Entry Hourly Wage: $36.71
- Average Hourly Wage: $99.60
- Entry Annual Wage: $76,360
- Average Annual Wage: $207,160