Updates from Mrs. Froning
November 4, 2018
No School Tuesday, Nov 6th: Election Day
Urgent Message Regarding Owl Drop Off
1. NO CELL PHONE USE-we had a staff member nearly hit last week by a driver who appeared to be texting while driving through the parking lot.
2. If waiting at the curb at 7:55 am, students MUST exist the car at that time. It important to begin the unloading process at 7:55 am to ensure all students using the drop off, enter the building by 8:05 am. We have added at an outside bell at 7:55 am. Students are welcomed into the building at 8:00 am.
3. Turning left out of the parking is VERY difficult in the morning. We urge drivers to consider turning right. PLEASE DO NOT block the drop off lane waiting to merge into the left lane.
PTA Meeting: Wednesday, November 7th @ 7:00 pm
Returning to school for forgotten items...
Looking Ahead: Parent/Teacher Conferences
The Power of Kindness
- (Be) Yourself
Children greatly benefit from being nurtured and learning to nurture themselves. We can model how we nurture ourselves by being physically active, getting enough sleep and having quite time or down time. By being nurtured and nurturing oneself, we find nurturing others purposeful and benefit from the positive effect it has on us.
Everyday, simple kindnesses are at the core of well-nurtured relationships. Here are some simple everyday acts of kindness that nurture our soul and relationships with other:
1. Look someone in the eye as you say "hello"
2. Hold the door for someone entering the room behind you
3. Ask a friend how she is and LISTEN carefully to her answer
4. Smile and say hello to someone you see regularly
5. Offer a compliment to someone
PTA Reflections 2018
Click the link below for Reflections information, including rules/submission details!
All Reflections entries are due in the Oakley Park main off on or before, Friday, November 16th.
Box Time Turn IN Time!
Tuesday, November 6
- No School for Students or Staff: Election Day
Wednesday, November 7th
- PTA General Membership Meeting 7:00 pm in the Media Center
Wednesday, Nov 7th - Friday Nov. 9th
- 5th Grade Camp at the Walled Lake Outdoor Education Center
Thursday, November 15th
- Mother/Daughter Laser Tag Event
Thursday, November 22 - Friday, November 23rd
- Thanksgiving Break
Monday, November 26th
- School Resumes
Wednesday, November 28th
- 5th Grade Musical Performance
Debra Bradshaw, Principals Secretary
Karen Clark, Building Secretary