Metroplex Academy of Dance
Newsletter- January 2016
A GREAT START TO A NEW YEAR- HAPPY 2016
A few reminders:
- Make sure your dancer has used the restroom BEFORE class.
- Hair MUST be pulled back- out of the dancers face.
- Dress Warm- Layers * This is very important for all dancers- We have warmed up our muscles and stretched, once our muscles hit the COLD air- they become tight. This can become very dangerous in pulling ligaments- strain of muscles.
- Bring Water or Water Bottle to class.
- Bring ALL shoes to every class
- Make Sure - if you are using street shoes for HIP HOP class- they must be clean and NO mud or dirt on the bottoms.
COSTUME PAYMENT IS DUE THIS WEEK- ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY JANUARY 8th.
TUITION IS NOW DUE- * $35.00 late fee will be added to your account after the 10th**
Why Do We Have To Practice?
The Simple Answer is...... To Make It Easier and Improve!
We have all heard the phrase “Practice makes perfect.”
Practicing, as a dancer –is the only way to find success. Without hard work, perseverance and practice, it’s impossible to improve. By practicing your dance –over and over you’ll become better at what you do, and will become a better dancer.
Of course, practicing takes a lot of dedication, hard work, and effort –and only the most dedicated dancers will practice consistently to improve their skill. Practice then, is one key aspect of dance that separates exceptional dancers, from the rest.
Studio Policy For Snow / Ice
- We follow Northwest ISD school closing.
- We will hold classes except under exceptionally dangerous driving conditions. The safety of our students and their family id our number 1 priority. PLEASE USE DISCRETION WISELY. Your dancer will NOT be counted absent. Please take in account -temperature can drop during evening hours, causing icy conditions.
- Studio closing will be posted on Facebook and Personal Email notification.
- Make Up Classes will be scheduled during the month of March and/or April
NO DRAMA- NO TOLERANCE POLICY
Our enrollment ALWAYS ends in January- which means we have NEW and RETURNING students join us at this time! We expect ALL parents and students to Welcome EVERYONE who walks in the door.
WE DO NOT tolerate competitiveness- EVERY student learns differently and at their own pace. NO ONE at this studio is better than anyone else! While I am in class- Parents YOU are representing the studio. Please be respectful and pleasant to EVERYONE. The waiting room is for waiting, watching your dancer and developing a positive parent interaction with your child's class. IT IS NOT FOR SOCIAL HOUR- I do NOT want to hear negative talking or gossip". I DO NOT allow this type of conversation with my dancers-and I will NOT allow it in the waiting area. THIS IS NOT POSITIVE interaction. Remember YOU REPRESENT THE STUDIO and THIS POLICY.
*WE also ask that you keep the noise to a minimum in the waiting area*
Thank you for being such wonderful dance parents!! You are ALL a HUGE part of what makes YOUR dance studio a success! DO NOT compare yourself to ANYONE- We ALL have ONE thing in common and that is DANCE!
"THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON TO DANCE"
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK- FUN GIVEAWAYS and EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS
ARE CLASSES ARE STILL LIMITED SIZE
*We have had to place several on a "waiting list- due to some of the classes being FULL*
No matter our growth we will ALWAYS keep our classes limited to size. It is VERY important that each child gets the personal attention they he/she needs to grow as a dancer.
Be Proud of Your Hardwork and Practice!
Parents: Video Record or Take Pictures of your dancer- practicing to show the progression in their effort to become a better dancer. *Example TURNS- show how ONE single turn can turn into a Triple turn- with dedication, practice and hard work.
All Pictures or Video Diaries must be turned in Jan 28th.