The Mustang Minute
March 29, 2019 - Issue 28
A Day in the Life
- We need new lockers! Or more organized students. Watching my student shove her items in and have to kick, shove, and finagle the locker door into place was a feat in itself.
- Half of school day seems to happen between classes. Meetings are made, events discussed and information shared. Apparently I looked enough like a student that they didn't notice me in the halls (this info is being stored for future reconnaissance purposes).
- Our students are grappling with some high level content. In history we were discussing Natural Philosophers versus Classic Republicanism and it's impact on our government, in ELA we were looking at Edgar Allen Poe stories for literary devices before writing our own endings, math was all Pi and it's uses, chorus was music theory, proper form and modulation, and critical analysis of singing. And there were three other classes as well!
- Lunch is amazing (and very late in the day) the social dynamics and conversations were fun and complicated. Again, so much less noisy at table level. Our new cafe tables are much better - we need more!
- And her day continued long after the final bell.
All in all, I was exhausted! Being 13-14 takes a lot more energy than I have anymore! It was an amazing day and I encourage you to ask your kids what they did to day and push them past their "nothing" response! I can tell you they did so much more!
Rocket Club is Back!
The Rocket Club is an after school club for students interested in learning more about the science, technology and engineering involved in designing and launching rockets. Students will be working with Ms. Bernritter (STEM teacher) and Mrs. Collins (7th grade science teacher) to design, build and launch two different types of rockets.Students will also further their understanding of the engineering design process and scientific method and how both are used in the real world to explore and improve our lives.
CRadles to Crayons Clothing Drive
The grade level that collects the most items earns an electronic lunch!
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
2019-2020 Budget Info
New Library Reading Area Fundraiser
After School Activities
Friendship Club: The club meets once a month on Tuesdays in room 107 from 2:10 - 3:00
Cartoon Club: Mondays 2:10-3:05 in room 105
Artist Circle: Meets on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons in A1
Drama Club: Meets on Mondays at 2:15 in 101
Debate Club: Thursdays in 202
Lego Club: Tuesday, February 26th at 2:15 in the cafeteria
CMS Dance: Mondays and Wednesdays 2:15 in the cafeteria
Gay Straight Alliance: Thursdays at 2:15
Student Council: Meetings are announced
SEARCH Mondays 2:10-3:05
Yearbook Club: Meets every other Thursday at 2:15
Honor Band: Mondays 4:00-5:30
Honor Orchestra: Tuesdays 4:00-5:30
Jazz Band: Wednesdays 5:30-7:00
Honor Chorus: Thursdays 3:15-4:45
The PTO meets the second Thursday of each month to hear an update from the principal and discuss planning related to enrichment, fundraising, activities and other topics of interest. You can also stay up to date with the CMS PTO by following us on Facebook. You can contact the PTO at email@example.com.
Next Meeting is Thursday, March 14th!
April 1st - Early release at 11:00am
April 15th - 19th April Vacation
MCAS Testing Schedule
April 3 & 4: ELA MCAS all grades
May 7 & 8: Math MCAS all grades
May 14 & 15: Science grade 8