Petrova Elementary School
January 2021 School Newsletter
Mr. Bryan Munn, Petrova Elementary Principal
Mrs. Katie Laba, Petrova Elementary Dean of Students
Bus Schedules: http://www.slcs.org/transportation/bus-schedules
Lunch Menu: http://www.slcs.org/students/k-8menu
Please join our Petrova Parent's Club Facebook Page for updates, pictures, and more!
The SLCSD also has an informative FB page!
Happy New Year!
Here are some reminders as we begin the new year together.
Students will be playing outside as much as possible. Please send them with a warm jacket, snow pants, gloves, hat and warm boots. If you are in need of any items, please let us know.
We sent home slips for consent for COVID testing in case the county falls into a color zone designation that would mandate 20% testing for the school to remain in person. Please send those back as soon as possible.
If your child is not attending in person instruction or remote instruction, please call the office at 891-4221 to notify Mrs. VanWeelden of the absence and the reason. Please remember that students who are attending an appointment are not permitted to come to school late that day. They should participate in remote learning for that day.
We thank you for all of your support during this time, and please continue to communicate with us and your classroom teacher any concerns or needs for support.
January 4th--In Person Instruction Begins
January 6th--Chess Club 3:30 p.m.
January 13th--Chess Club 3:30 p.m.
January 14th--Parent's Club 6:30 p.m. via Google Meets
Join by phone
(US) +1 682-302-0911 PIN: 760 877 671#
January 18th--NO SCHOOL
January 20th--Chess Club, Art Club 3:30 p.m. (If you are signed up, please attend)
January 27th--Chess Club 3:30 p.m.
PETROVA ART CLASSES
I would like everyone to know that we are starting daily art lessons on Monday, Nov. 30th, and I will be updating the schedule each day.
Here is the link to my site: https://sites.google.com/slcs.org/mooreelementary/classroom-home
Thank you so much!
Petrova Pen Pal Club
Suggestions of How to Sit During a Google Meet!
Farm to School Newsletter
Just a reminder that devices from school are for instructional purposes only. They are to be used for assignments and Google Meets ONLY. Also, students should only be attending Google Meets with a staff member. Thank you.
Some common Chromebook issues can be easily fixed with the following suggestions:
· Log out of Chrome. There might be an excessive amount of tabs open.
· Restart your Chromebook via holding down the power button either on the side of the Chromebook (Lenovo) or on the top right of the keyboard (HP).
· Are there many devices connected to the WiFi at the same time in your house such as laptops, Chromebooks, phones, TV’s (Netflix,), X-Boxes, Play Stations etc? Can you try to disconnect some devices that aren’t being used?
- Are you close to your WiFi router in your house? The room you are trying to do your meet in could be too far away.
- Is the student using a virtual background or blur? If so, this will take more bandwidth.
· If not entirely necessary and the teacher allows it, the camera being off temporarily will take less bandwidth.
Please know there are many variables to this. The world in its entirety is online more for obvious reasons and the internet providers as well as Google are being pushed to the max. Thank you for helping with this matter. I will be looking at the network closely this weekend and restarting some major network components.
Thank you for your support! IT Department