Metal, Metalloid, Noble Gas
- They appear to be metal in appearance, but are brittle.
- They can generally form alloys with metals
- Some metalloids such as silicon and germanium become electrical conductors under special conditions. These are called semiconductors.
- They are solids under standard conditions.
- They are mostly nonmetallic in their chemical behavior.
Noble Gas Facts
- Group of six elements- helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon and radon
- All of the elements in the Noble Gas Family are colorless, odorles and tasteless, unless influenced by other chemicals
- Noble Gases are also call "Rare" Gases, Inert Gases or "Royal" Gases
- All the elements in the Noble gas Family have the maximum number of electrons possible in their outer shell making them stable, except Helium but its happy with only 2 electrons.